Prepopulating InfoPath fields from parent process

• 30 October 2007
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have a situation where I am using two InfoPath forms (A, B) and multiple views.

I need to populate the Infopath Form B (child) with data from Infopath Form A (parent). I have created two processes, joined the Parent to the Child via an IPC Server event.  In the IDC Server event I am transcribing the Process Data from parent to child.

My question: how do I pre-populate Form-B using data from Form-A?  This data is all available in the K2 process and not stored anywhere else.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Adriano

2 replies

Badge +9

Unfortunately the IPC wizard only permits field to field copies, which doesn't satisfy this need for element to element copies within different XML schemas.

What I think you could do is in your child process, create an XML field that has the same schema as your parent process XML/InfoPath field, then map these two fields within the IPC event.  Then within the Child process definition, utilize a data manipulation event(s) to copy the desired elements on a element-by-element basis from the new XML filed to the "real" xml/infopath field. 

HTH.

Badge +2
Thanks Bob - that works perfectly!