Where to place a Query LDAP for a collection

• 29 June 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

All,

SP/Nintex 2013 on-prem

I've created the following workflow:

It queries a list and then produces a report which is emailed out. It's all find and dandy except, there is one collection variable which outputs it's data as i:0#.w|domainusername .

Where should I put my remove claims action set so that the output is as a 'readable' display name, I assume this needs to go into another collection  ?

Thanks

Andrew

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

should that mean that LDAP query does not return display name for a given login?

are you sure you supply correct and unique user identifier? and that you search for user in correct LDAP branch?

btw, are you aware of that to get user display name you need not query LDAP? it's possible to do simply with set variable action by selecting respective return type

205150_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks ‌ 

Yes, I was after the display name of a login.

Now working - Several things at play here:

1. My environment - the workflow would crash when I ran it based on my testing. The calculated date would bring back more data than I suspect in the real world.

I created a test list with copied data and used the same workflow. I recreated my LDAP action set to make sure it was as clean as possible. I've saved it as a snippet in the past as I get the claims output a lot. I may have missed an extra } etc. when changing variables.

2. I changed my calculated to -1 month, not -32 days. I'm after a month, not a number of days. (I assume this would help performance).

3. Added a count ID as if it equals 0 i.e.nothing to run against. I'm going to stop the workflow from carrying on (not added yet).

4. I moved the Action Set - Remove Claims to after the ID collection operation.

FYI - I'll see what output I can get for my people/contacts. My data comes from a people picker on a Nintex form and gets published to a SharePoint column (people/group type), I always seem to end up with a claims output, even if to the human in the column I'm seeing a conventional name.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so, have you resolved it or do you still need any assistance?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

All good now thanks.