cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex Workflow Error - Sharepoint

Hi

I am not sure to raise this with Nintex support or not?  I thought initially that this was a SharePoint error as the error was pointing to a Web part as below

But looking into the SharePoint Logs for the Correlation ID, I noted that this is actually a Nintex Workflow error -

Failed to retrieve form from workflow. Error: Cannot find the task form. Please check the action's form in the Workflow Designer..

Just to confirm that the prior to this all the workflows that are in progess work correctly and we can edit the task

The only thing that has changed on the workflow is the approver and it was republished.

Does anyone have any ideas or should I raise this with Support?

Thanks

karen

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Nintex Workflow Error - Sharepoint

That looks a lot like an error for a workflow item where it was terminated and the item maybe even deleted. When you delete an item without terminating the workflow you can end up with orphaned workflow tasks.

I'd check the workflow history for the item, and the workflow task list. I'd want to confirm that the task is active and associated with a live workflow. That sort of error message will come up when developing workflow, deleting items/terminating workflows etc.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi

That makes sense that it was terminated / deleted and ended up with a orphaned workflow tasks.  However I am not sure what has caused this and how to solve it as it is now happening everytime we run the workflow from our from our form?

I have checked the workflow history for this item and this is what it is there

There isn't any history on the individual task? This is the same on the workflow which works correctly?

Just to confirm I haven't changed anything in the workflow and it worked before, I just republished it when we changed the approver name

I am completely confused it is a while since the workflow was set up.

All help much appreciated.

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for your input, it seems that on republishing the workflow when I changed something again, this worked and the error was gone and the approver was able to access the task correctly

Unfortunately the error returned on the next part of work flow (we are in testing phase so all 3 parts are going to one person).

Will come back

Karen

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi

I can also confirm the following - When the form is submitted and the Nintex workflow is started, the email is issued with the approval link.

>The Approver clicks on the link and approvers the item

>Workflow 2 starts and the next email is issued with 2 url for the approver to click on approve the item *but* when this happens the approver is getting the sharepoint error above (In my original post) -

which as you Carmien Owen​ say is showing that the task is deleted/removed. 

*However* if the approver clicks a second time the approver is taken to the correct item to approve the item.

I found this out by checking the Workflow tasks and trying to edit the items from there and no errors at all.  These were all correct.   So this is why I asked the approver to double check and confirm that the issue was resolved.

For some reason it takes 2 attempts for us to get to the correct workflow task approval URL? I am unsure why this is happening.

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi

I didn't realise that I had left this unanswered!

I raised this with Nintex support, who confirmed -

Looking at the behaviour within the environment it seems to be focused around performance. The task is eventually created and the link worked around 60 seconds after the email had been sent. The task had not beencreated by the time the email had arrived and thus produced this error.

So it seems sharepoint needs to be updated as well as Nintex may also help resolve this issue as these are not quite up to date.

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply