cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex Workflow - Email notification not working with Dynamic Distro Groups

We have setup an IT System Status page for various people in IT to change the status of a server or application in one place and then send an email notification about that status to whichever group is appropriate (IT, Help Desk or Everyone in the company).  My director recently asked one of our server admins to setup Dynamic Distribution Groups (we are using Office 365 with ADFS authentication) in place of some of our more general groups like "the entire company" or "all of IT".  If we send out notice to a standard AD group it works fine, but assigning it to one of the Dynamic Distro Groups does not work.  Originally we thought it was an issue with the "send" email being not a real email address (ITAdmin) and even tried changing the send address to a real address (ITSupport) and that also did not work so it seems the issue lies with Nintex not sending to a DD group.  Can anyone help?  This is a critical notification process.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Nintex Workflow - Email notification not working with Dynamic Distro Groups

I also want to note that it is marked to only receive emails from senders inside the organization so the ITSupport email is and should work.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Does any one have any input regarding this issue at all?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

I couldn't find a direct answer, but maybe we can start a dialog. There will be varying limitations by doing this through Office 365. But let's start with the basics.

• Where is Exchange hosted? Also in O365?
  • If you get an email from a workflow, what is the From and Reply To addresses?
0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Yes we are using Office 365 for email so they are hosting Exchange.  This workflow is configured to send from a valid regular AD distro group email address within our organization (i.e., itsupport@mydomain.com).  It is trying to send to a dynamic distro group created in the cloud (not in AD) within our organization (dist.all.dd@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com). The only ones receiving the email are the originator (whoever updated the system status: me@mydomain.com) and the workflow creator (our Dev@mydomain.com). 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

So if you have an email sent to the DL from the workflow, It works in delivering the email, but only two recipients of several actually get the email?

The only ones receiving the email are the originator (whoever updated the system status: me@mydomain.com) and the workflow creator (our Dev@mydomain.com).

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

No it actually is not sending to (although it's supposed to) the Dynamic Distro Group at all - in the workflow he has it also sending an email to whoever originated it as well as the workflow creator.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

OK. It was good to understand that Exchange is hosted in O365. There are other configurations there that could be affecting the outcome.

Opened Exchange Admin Center on office 365 portal

Clicked Groups and Edited the Problem Group

Under Delivery Management, there is box  where you can Add the users which you want access to be restricted to. You may need to add users here or at least the account sending the emails from the workflow.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

It is already set to "Only Senders inside my organization."  And since the ITSupport email resides within the organization that should work.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Just to be clear...my last comment states it "should work" but it still does not.  Any other thoughts?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply