How do I define the save file name

• 19 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Is there a way to define what the file name of the saved document will be?  In a previous form in InfoPath, I was able to set the file name with a combination of the name of user plus the day's date.  That way if multiple forms are created for the same person, it doesn't overwrite the other.  Also, I can easily see whose form is whose.  Essentially this is an assigned equipment form.  So when staff are looking for people's form, it can be easily traced back to users

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Ok, I should clarify this a bit.  So I'm trying to define the Title of the forms.  Now, I have a slight work around but it isn't exactly what I wanted.  I've tried to set a default value of one of the fields inside the form plus a hyphen and the day's date.  The hyphen and date show up, but the contents that come from the field I'd like to use never populate the Title field.  I've gotten around this by using my list settings to sort it by employee then title so for now it maybe a non issue.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If users don't get the choice to change the Title, and it's auto generated, I'd just have it as a calc field.  Make sure it's Named and use a workflow to update your title column with that value. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I was actually able to figure this out. For the most part you are correct, I followed this post https://ootbtutorials.com/2016/02/15/creating-a-form-title-for-nintex-forms/ on how to create the title that I wanted.

Brian Knight

Director of Information Technology

Hamilton County Developmental Disabilities Services

W: 513-559-6678

C: 859-250-5819