Access is Denied when using the InfoPath Walkthrough

Badge +2
There is a problem when I try to submit an InfoPath form to a "form library" in sharepoint when following the walkthrough in the help file. I get the error when I click on the "continue..." button in InfoPath, the error is a popup box that says "InfoPath cannot submit the form. An error occurred while the form was being submitted. Access is Denied."

I followed all of the steps except for "add to Sharepoint Tasklist". I have K2 and Sharepoint on the same server K2 on port 80, sharepoint on another port. I am Admin on the server, Admin on the Sharepoint site, and Admin for the process in the Service Manager. The InfoPath webservice is set to use integrated authentication, and anonymous access is unchecked. I also changed the web.config for the InfoPath webservice to allow me to invoke the CanIConnect webmethod on my machine. I invoked the webmethod and it came back true. What could be the problem?

8 replies

Badge +2
Is the Sharepoint/K2 site a "trusted" site in your IE settings?
Badge +2
That did it, thanks.
Badge +1
I'm getting this error when I submit an InfoPath form:

InfoPath cannot submit the form
An error occurred while the form was being submitted.
Server was unable to process request. --> Access is denied: "K2ROM"

I've tried all options including adding both the SharePoint portal & the K2 site as "trusted" in IE settings but I continue to get this error.
Badge +2
Karl,

I haven't seen this one specifically, however you might get an access is denied error if you are logged in locally as a different user than the task is assigned to. You might also double check that your IP doc is submitting to the correct web service.

-Bob
Badge +7
If you have the IE Enhanced Security Configuration component installed, that could be the cause. A quick workaround, is to remove this component via "Add/Remove Pograms>Add Remove Windows Components".

Another option is to set the security settings for the zone which your K2.net Workspace operates in (which is the parent folder to the IP web service), to the lowest possible setting. You can do this via IE in "Tools>Internet Options...>Security".
Badge +1
I got working by giving "Authenticated Users" full control on the "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder on the K2 server...

Thanks for all the inputs..
Badge +2
Some of the users got access denied when submitting the form even though they have added the sharepoint site to be trusted site. any idea?? pls help.
Badge +6
Another condition is where an InfoPath form has been downloaded from Microsoft that seems to fail when attempting to trigger a new K2 Process instance.

Creating an IP form from scratch resolved the 'Access Denied' error.