App Studio iOS Distribution Options

• 20 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello, I'm trying to wrap my head around the different distribution methods that are possible using Nintex App Studio. Our organization currently has a Apple Developer Account and a couple apps published in the public App Store. We do not have an MDM or an Apple Enterprise Development Account but are interested in creating and distributing apps created with App Studio to employees around our organization. 

My understanding is that App Studio needs an Apple Enterprise Development Account to distribute apps via email in an organization. However, on the Apple site, it appears that when you convert your regular Developer Account to an Enterprise Developer Account, you lose the capability to publish apps to the Apple iOS App Store. What are other people out there doing?

• Is it possible to publish apps created with App Studio to the public iOS App Store?
  • To utilize the App Studio email distribution capabilities while retaining the ability to publish apps to the iOS App Store, do you need to have both an Apple Enterprise Development Account and a standard Apple Developer Account?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Check out my series of posts at Deploying with App Studio Using Ad Hoc

I use a regular developer account with Apple when testing an App before deploying it using the Apple Developer Enterprise Program 

There are very minor changes to the steps to follow when deploying the app using a non Enterprise account. The simple benefit is that I am just using an individual account, and can only deploy the app to a select few devices before the app goes out to the rest of the user base using the Enterprise profile. NOTE: you must use an enterprise profile to deploy for production purposes.

In using the steps outlined in the linked articles, you get the certificate the same way but in the provisioning steps you get to step 10 and instead of selecting In House under Distribution you select Ad Hoc.