cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Nintex Workflow 2010 fails on 'Create Appointment' with the following .....

Failed to invoke Microsoft Exchange web service. Error returned from server: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel..

I have seen several posts out there but no real answer.  The MS Exchange service's URL certificate has been added through Central Admin.  If anybody has suggestions or has been able to make this work I would love to hear how you did it.

Labels: (1)
9 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Workflow 2010 fails on 'Create Appointment' with the following .....

Hi Daniel,

This sounds like your exchange certificates root Certificate is not trusted by SharePoint.

You will likely be seeing the following error message in the ULS logs:

The root of the certificate chain is not a trusted root authority..

If you can find this error, check which certificate it is referring too and go online to find that certificates root. You can then add the Root certificate in the certificate chain to your Manage trusts under Security in Central Administration.

-Zach

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

After the Import of the certificate, you have to reset the IIS.

After that it should work.

I imported the certificate, reset the IIS and after that i have configured my Workflow items and then it works.

But think about the Time you do the IIS reset of your productiv System.

Don't to it at Business hours..

Cheers

Christof

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hey Daniel,

is the problem solved?

Christof

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I had this same problem. One of my end users was receiving this message when the workflow tried to create an appointment in his calendar.

This sounds silly, we restarted his machine and it's working now.

I do agree with Zach though, managing trusted sites would have been the next step.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi Kasandra, did you do anything in addition to restarting and the installation of the certificate RootCA?

I have done all steps as all of you indicated and still get the same erro.

Did restart iis and also re-published the workflow just to be sure.

Any other thoughts in the SharePoint - Nintex world ?

You input is appreciated.

Jaap

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Are all users getting this error or just one?

If it's only one user, does it work if the user tries it from another computer?

I chatted with our Admin, He thinks there would be way more problems popping up if the connection trust between SharePoint and Exchange was broken.

If it's only one or a couple of users having the issue, try clearing out browser history and adding it to your IE trusted sites.

Also, what credentials are you using to create the appointment on the users calendar? Do they have the correct permissions? Are you referencing the users credentials?

Although, if it's a credentials problem the error message might be different.

Another thing to try: If it's working on one machine and not the other, look in IE options then security. do a side by side comparison of the certificates and the advanced settings.

Thanks

KaSandra

0 Kudos
Nintex Newbie

I started receiving this same error from another workflow. I tried everything I had previously suggested, no luck.

I ended up changing the referenced Exchange URL to a new one I had my exchange admin send to me. He had done some updates and my old URL stopped working. :- /

Maybe this will help?

Thanks

Kassie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I have just updated my digital certificate, and SharePoint and RMS are working fine but the Nintex Workflows don't run.

I receive the message:

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

In my workflows I use the box to call a WebService and I found that the error affects to all conections with the SharePoint address, because I'm trying to acces to "https://-------------------/--/_vti_bin/UserGroup.asmx" and the system returns an error with message "There was an unexpected error ..."

Any idea?

Regards,

David.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I've solved the error, in my case the error was happening because when the certificate had been updated the system needed to install the root certificates into "SharePoint Root Authority".

This action is posible using the code above in PowerShell:

foreach ($cert in (Get-ChildItem cert:\LocalMachine\Root)) { if (!$cert.HasPrivateKey) {New-SPTrustedRootAuthority -Name $cert.Thumbprint -Certificate $cert } }

Thanks to Jamie (Nintex support)

Regards,

David.