Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Nintex WF Terminate WF Error

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I am working on using the Call web service action to Terminate a workflow that is running on another list. I am receiving this error when the TerminateWorkflowByNameForListItem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Error Text Error returned from server: <soap:Fault xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode><faultstring>Server was unable to read request. ---&gt; There is an error in XML document (1, 446). ---&gt; The str"

This is how my action is configured:

and this is the xml being built:

When reading through the error I see it says the error occurs in the xml on char 446, which is the {WorklfowVariable:VRMID}. I have a log prior to the action which logs the VRM ID and I can cross reference with the id of the list and they match. I am not sure why the error is occurring here because the item does exist.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Nintex WF Terminate WF Error

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Please make sure VRM ID variable is of type List item ID, not String and enter true for terminatePreviousInstances. See if that resolves the issue.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Try checking the Encode Inserted tokens box.

See if that works.

Thanks,

Mike

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi , I suggest using true instead of yes for  <m:terminatePreviousInstances>true</m:terminatePreviousInstances>

I just had a quick test on my test list and it worked fine. I suggest using the "Run Now" feature to test this functionality.

See screenshot below. 

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Kapil JoshiMike M

Thank you all for your help.

I wanted to inform you that I made all three of your changes and the workflow is running as intended. First, I changed the VRMID to a list item ID, then changed the Boolean value from yes to true, and finally encoded inserted tokens.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Glad it worked. Please select the correct answer so that others on the community can see the same.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

No problem and glad it worked out for you.  Go team!