Task notification doesn't change after being modified?

Badge +2

I have a workflow with an approval task with a notification (email).  I change the body of the message in designer, publish the workflow, and try it again (on a document library that has already been associated with the workflow) ... but the body of the email doesn't change.

I tried changing the message from HTML to plain text.  Same result.  I tried removing the header and footer.  Same result.  No change in the notification email. 

What am i doing wrong?   Thanks for your help!

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi David,

Just checking on something that I've been fooled by before.  Are you changing the body of the message in the action screen (task description area) or the task notification screen (email body)?

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +2

Hi folks, 

Thanks for the reply.  I think I was doing it in the right place (task form) but I'll double check.

Thanks again,

Dave

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Let us know how you get on Dave.  If it's a bug, the Nintex engineers will certainly want to know.

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +2

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the long delay.   I just tried it again (and this time had the client looking over my shoulder to confirm that I was making the change in the notification area and not the task description), and got the same error.  If I attach the modified workflow to a new document library, then I do see the changes in the notification.  So this issue is happening when I have a workflow already attached to a document library, then I make a change to the notification text, publish it again, and then kick off the workflow ... the change doesn't show up in the notification in that case.

Thanks,

Dave

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Dave,

That does sound like some sort of bug because it's not expected behaviour - particularly since it works when you import that workflow to another doc library.  The only other thing I can think of is make sure you have published the latest version of the workflow (not just save) but I'm sure you've done that.  My best advice is now it's time for the gurus in Nintex Support to have a look and you can reach them by clicking on the Support menu item at the top of this screen.

Cheers,

Chris

Badge +2

Thanks a lot, Chris!  Much appreciated!

Badge +4

Is there any update on this?  One of our developers has run into the same issue with Flexitasks not picking up the changed Task Notification information (subject and sender, specifically).

Badge

I'm also facing similar issue. I updated some text in email body in task notification tab. But changes are not reflecting in the email that i receive in my mailbox. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

Nitin Maggu 

Badge

Issue resolved happy.png

First i removed the Request Approval component and then added a new one and configured the same. And it worked.

Might be a bug in "Request Approval" tab because normally text change works for send notification tab.

Thanks,

Nitin Maggu

Badge +1

Hi just wondered if this issue was resolved for anyone as I am experiencing this.  I have switched off Approval required and it still happens, or does happen !  I change the Task Notification in Nintex design, publish the WF then run it and the email text is not what I  entered in design!!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Badge +6

Hi even i am facing the same issue. in my flexi task task notifiction is not changing even after the modifications.

Please assist.

Badge +1

Hi Hema

I moved my workflow from a Staging environment to Production and set up new tasks and it all works now.  I do not know what is different between our staging a production so I am  not able to advise further, sorry.  Good luck with getting yours sorted.

Badge +5

Any idea if this has been fixed?  It's quite irritating.

Badge

Hi Ben,

Hope you are well.

Was there any update to this ?

Am still facing the issue.

Regards,

Ganesh.

Badge

I'm facing this issue too, Flexi task notification changes are not shown in the email message. How can I fix the notification email without redoing a new flexi task form etc. Please help!