How to use To String inline function?

• 26 February 2013
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

I tried to use "To String(object)" inline function but could not get the expected value.

I used the example in K2 Inline Functions document in data event.

Bascally, the destintion field is a process field. In source field, I dragged To String inline function, in the value field, I put {69,120,97,109,112,108,101}. I expected to get "Example".

But what I got is "{69,120,97,109,112,108,101}".

what is the problem?

Thanks,

David

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

David,

Do I understand correctly that you typed "{69,120,97,109,112,108,101}" in the source field of the inline function? I would expect that to return exactly the same string as the output of the function. The general purpose of that To String inline function is to convert a field whose contents are not currently in a String datatype. For example, if I have a SharePoint column of type "Person or Group", and I want to just display the group or user, I can use To String to convert the "Person or Group" field's contents to a string.

HTH,
Gail

Badge +4

Thanks Gail.

Then do you know how to append char (0xd) and char(0xa) to the end of a string?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I am not sure there is a way to add a carriage return or line feed at this time. I believe a feature request may have been submitted for this.

HTH,
Gail

Badge +4

Good to know. Thanks.

I am thinking using ServerEvent to do string modification.

Can you please tell me where to find the articles/documents on K2 university to change the InfoPath datasource value throug k2 Server event?

In VSAT world, I can simply use:

MainDataSource.CreateNavigator().SelectSingleNode(

"xxxx"), NamespaceManager) to do it.

Thanks again,

David