Popup Nintex form from web page to capture commentary

• 20 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

I am trying to collect comments from people from an internal web page. I'd like to have a hyperlink on that page that then opens a Nintex form for people to enter their commentary and save the data to a SharePoint list. I can then use this data for other reporting.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi Stephen‌,

Can you provide a bit more context? As I understand you have a web page your users currently enter comments on. Is that info currently stored in another place/system? Or do you want to replace this with a Nintex Form. In which case I would suggest to redirect the page to your Nintex Form. If I'm not mistaken, there are posts here in the community which describe how to launch a new Nintex Form using a URL; .../Lists/TestList/NewForm.aspx already does the trick (replacing the ... with your SP server's URL).

Badge +5

Hi

We are using Power BI to display some financial data to managers and they need to write commentary on why they are under/over budget for certain cost codes. There is no way to do this in Power BI. 

I was thinking that on the Power BI report I could have a hyperlink which launched a Nintex form. Even though in the SharePoint list I have dialog form selected it just loads the list form within the SharePoint page. I am hoping that there would be a way that the Nintex form is displayed over the top of the Power BI report so the manager can fill in the details and save the comment.

I can then import the SharePoint list of comments into Power BI and display the comments on the Power BI report along side the financial data for all to see.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi Stephen‌,

That indeed is the way it works out of the box. It should be possible to open a modal popup window and have the form displayed inside the window. However that requires JavaScript to run in order to accomplish that. Would that be possible in your Power BI report?