Error Creating SmartObject Report

• 13 November 2007
  • 4 replies

Badge +8

I have a really basic SmartObject and I want to create a report on it.  I keep on getting this error.  Anyone know what is up?

As well, I was getting this exact same error when I was writing some C# code using the K2 Data Adapter to query for some other SmartObjects I had created for a completely different solution.  I would get the same error when I put something into the WHERE clause.  In this report I am trying to create, I am trying to apply a filter.  I suspect that the Workspace is trying to do something similar and is getting the error.

Note that I have some other SmartObjects that DO NOT suffer from this issue.

Insight would be helpful...

Thanks,

Jason

Server Error in '/Workspace' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exception of type 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException' was thrown.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException: Exception of type 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException' was thrown.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[SmartObjectException: Exception of type 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectException' was thrown.]
   SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectClientServer.ExecuteList(SmartObject smartObject) +2659
   SourceCode.Data.Common.SelectParser.ExecuteSOListMethod(DataTable queryTable, SmartListMethod soListMethod, JoinDetails joinDetails, LogicalFilter logicalFilter) +154

[SODataProviderException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.ServiceSDK.Objects.SqlDate' from assembly 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.ServiceSDK, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d'.]
   ReportDesigner_ReportWizard_ReportViewer.buildReport() +2937
   ReportDesigner_ReportWizard_ReportViewer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +550
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

4 replies

Badge +8

Jason, just a hunch - are there any date values in your SmartObject, i see the following in the error:

Could not load type 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.ServiceSDK.Objects.SqlDate'

maybe there is an issue with dates in some SmartObjects assembly?

Badge +7

Japergis, I have the same happen when creating a Report with "where column1=@value1" condition in the query statement in SQL2005RS. But then I try to implement on creating the DataSet, but not giving "where column1=@value1", just passing the "select * from processinstance", but then in dataset properties windows adding Parameters and Filters, then it has no error.

After keep try and catch, I think the SmartObject does not allow you pass "where" to it if you are calling with "CommandType.Text".

Badge +8

Deon - I have no date fields on any of my SmartObjects.

Kenlin - I believe you are seeing the same thing I am.  I may have mentioned but I have one SmartObject that when I do have a WHERE clause it works.  I know the code on that one I did not change the command type so it would have defaulted to Text.

Badge +7

What is the query you are getting that error? Let me try in my side too.

What info do you put in Query Tab, Parameters Tab and Filters Tab?