Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jocelynm
Nintex Newbie

Nintex Site Workflow - Person or Group field not matching with Created By field

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a Site Workflow in SharePoint that queries a List with a Person or Group field called "Name" and compares to another List and the Created By field. The filter for the query that I cannot get working is:

Name (Person or Group field) = Created By (Person or Group field)

This query always returns an empty result. When I have emailed both values to me for debugging purposes, they match perfectly, so it looks like the query should return values.

Would anyone know what I'm missing? This one has me stumped.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
brent_read
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Nintex Site Workflow - Person or Group field not matching with Created By field

Jump to solution

Hi Jocelyn,

To resolve the issue you're looking at you'll want to filter based on the user ID number rather than the login name for the user.  To do this, use a set variable action to set a text or integer variable to equal the return from your person or group variable.  You'll see an ellipses to the right of the variable when you specify the variable to set.  Clicking this will allow you to set the return type for the variable.  You'll see the option to return the person or group as a user ID Number.  Filtering your list by this should get you to where you can filter the list properly:

brent_read_0-1597356746374.png

View solution in original post

jocelynm
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Site Workflow - Person or Group field not matching with Created By field

Jump to solution

Hi Brent,

Thank you for your reply! I'm still having issues with the query unfortunately; I'm not sure how to change the highlighted field so that it looks at the User ID Number instead of the claim identifier. The variable "tempHousingUniqname" is a Person or Group field.

jocelynm_3-1597413980737.png

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
jocelynm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Brent's solution worked, thanks Brent!

What I did not realize is that even though the "Created By" field shows the claim identifier, if you follow Brent's solution, it will match up based User IDs, not by the claim identifier.

0 Kudos