Importing Workflows

• 22 September 2016
  • 11 replies

Badge +6

Hi

I have exported a workflow from a site and have then selected Import in the second site.  I have located the exported file but when I try to click on the Import button in the dialog box, nothing happens. Please help.

Regards

Renee

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Renee,

could you explain better what do you mean with "nothing happens"? Is the upload popup showing up or not? Or do you upload the file and then it doesn't load the workflow on the canvas?

In this second scenario, could you tell us what's the size of the exported workflow?

Giacomo

Badge +6

Hi Thanks so much for your reply.  The pop up is open, I have selected the file to import but when I click on the Import button, the pop up remains on the screen and the Import process is not initiated.  The size of the file is 200kb.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Do you have any custom master page applied? Which browser are you using? Are you on premises or on O365?

Badge +5

Sometimes browser can cause this as well. Can the same issue be reproduced in IE/Chrome/Firefox etc?

Badge +6

Hi

Yes some of the Master pages have been modified but more in terms of cosmetics.  I am using SharePoint 2013 in the office (Not 365)

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Could you try to set back the master page to original seattle to see if there is something wrong with your master page?

What if you try to import the workflow in another web/site collection? 

In addition, I ask you again which browser are you using, because nintex workflow designer (for 2010 or 2013 version) is 100% compatible only with IE..

Badge +9

I too faced the similar issue and it was due to the browser. I cleared the cache and tried again and it worked.

Badge +10

I too had same problem, when I deactivate and activate the Nintex feature from site setting. It worked.

Badge +9

If it's a large workflow it take take a while to import, I've waited over 1-2 minutes with the screen looking like it's doing nothing then suddenly the actions will pop-up.

Really need a spinning give to let us know something is happening.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I've recently seen this happen where I could import workflows fine, but two other individuals (with the same permissions and browsers) could not import workflows.   The company upgraded to the newest version of Nintex at that time and it solved the issue.   Strange, but true.

Badge +11

‌ did you get it to work?