Workflow flexi task created, but no email notification was received

Badge +3

I have a state machine workflow with flexi tasks in each branch. When running the workflow, sometimes the task was created but email notification was not received by the user who was assigned the task. This happened randomly, if I didn't get the email notification the first time, I may get it if I ran the workflow again. It is not the permission issue. Just wondering if there is a way to trace the email in Nintex log or the database, to see if the email was sent to the email server within SharePoint.

Appreciate any idea and suggestions.

Alex

2 replies

Badge +11

Hi Alex,

afaik there is no possibility to trace mail delivery in the nintex logs. BUT if nintex can't send the mail because your SharePoint environment isn't configured properly, your workflow will error and provide an error message inside the workflow history complaining about this fact (just witnessed this today).

Thus I think your mail server could be the source of the problem. I recommend to have a look at your mail drop folders and your mail servers logs itself (are you using exchange?). If you do not have access, ask your administrato for help.

If you find the source of the problem or even a solution I would be glad to hear about that.

Best Regards

Philipp

Badge +3

Philipp,

Thank you for your reply.

I removed text from "From" box and leave it blank, it seem fixed the email issue. This way the sender is the system default account defined in central admin.

Alex