Issues with space where a hidden panel lives is not collapsing

Badge +6

Hello I have several hidden panels in Nintex Forms that only show up based on the answer to the initial question (what type of job is being submitted). When hidden panels aren't the 1st panel they hide successfully without a large blank space where they would be. However, my 1st panel (which needs to be first for when it is valid to show it) leaves a huge blank space when it is not valid based on the answer to the question. For example, when some choose health promotion job request the panel is supposed to show but if someone choose member request the panel is supposed to be hidden and collapsed. I asked this question at a workshop and was told it was supposed to collapse. we confirmed the rule was on the panel and not the control. Please let me know if you need any additional information to help me with my question.

I don't know which user group I am supposed to choose for location.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi

try making sure the is no white space around the panel and also use a different rule per panel (even if they doing the same formatting). I find this works for me

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

To add on to Paul's advice, I'd also mention try to not have the panels overlap at all. I've seen some weird things happen with that.

Badge +7

....and if it still not works well, the last solution is to use a global panel in your layout :  instead of putting your panels directly on the form, start with inserting a big panel on the whole layout, then insert your panels inside.

Not simple on an existing form, but sometimes I don't have any other choice for having panles properly collapsing.

Badge +6

Thanks so much all the global panel did the trick.