K2 - Process Design Tutorial

• 5 May 2008
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hello All,

I'm new to K2 Blackpearl.

Do you have any material (tutorial, samples) that could help me start with K2.

I'm supposed to design a process where users have to enter information through infopath forms, then getting approval from the manager which has to view these information (still with infopath). And the process is executed through a sharepoint portal.

I've seen the training modules, but they are quite simple. I'm looking for some complex samples, where there is some links between smartObject and Infopath forms. I'm not also quite sure, when you need to implement some server code and when there is an automated wizard that does exactly what you want.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some advice?

Thanks in advance

Vigoret

1 reply

Badge +11

When you install blackpearl, a help file with tutorials is also installed and should be available in the blackpearl program group.  I think there is at least one that shows how to display data from a SmartObject in an Infopath form. 

You are correct, the training modules are simple, but I think that's where the power lies:  you can build enormously complex workflows by using simple parts.  To get the full benefit of the 101 training material, you might want to sign up for one of our QuickStart sessions.  In the class part of the QuickStart we will go into much greater detail on the topics you are interested in.  The remainder of the QuickStart can be to work on one of your workflows as a class example.

David