Nintex Form Repeater Section CSS

• 5 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I need to add a button to a form that contains seven repeating sections. I can't use the default "Add Row" text because some users may not have the ability to use a mouse. Only a keyboard. The tab key does not land on (focus) on the "Add Row" text.

So... that's why I need to add a button to allow Add Row to the form. I add the button and kick off a JavaScript to execute the add row. Problem is, it only adds to my first repeater section. I understand it's because the JavaScript need to point to a CSS Class for the Repeating Section. 

What are the steps to assign each repeating section to a different CSS Class?

I put DSOrepeater into the repeater Format/CSS Class.

I added a class to the Form Settings/Custom CSS. I didn't know what goes inside the curly brackets.

CSS Class:

.DSOrepeater {

}

I put in the .ms-addnew with that CSS class name in the Form Settings/Custom JavaScript.

Javascript:

function addDSOrepeat(){
NWF$("DSOrepeater .ms-addnew").click();
}

Lastly, I added a call to the JavaScript on the button client click:

addDSOrepeat()

In the JavaScript function, if I omit the DSOrepeater name, it add a row to the first repeater section on the form. 

I have spent a couple days trying to find how to do this, and have decided I need help on how to assign repeating section to a CSS (and possibly what goes between curly braces.)

Thanks

1 reply

Badge +3

Solved: I knew about case sensitivity, but I believe that was the issue. My CSS name has a capital letter and in my repeating section, I had used a lowercase. I fixed that and it now works.