cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cmikhaiel
Nintex Newbie

Nintex Mobile for iPhone 7 on 2010

Jump to solution

Nintex on SharePoint 2010 has some options for Nintex Mobile App. I've published a form on Nintex Mobile for Phone, Nintex Mobile for Tablet and Nintex mobile for iPhone.

The iPhone layout is different from the general Nintex mobile for phone layout. when my iPhone users download the app, they see the general phone version and not the iPhone version. Why is this happening and which layout takes precedence when the users are iPhone users?

Also the few users I tested it with, they got iPhone 7. If we stick with the general phone version, I've noticed that the form is working perfectly fine for android users while some fields are for no reason are showing errors on the iPhone. The fields are simple single line of texts that are connected to the list and used the same way across the form in desktop/mobile/tablet. 

It is annoying to the users because if we publish the general phone version, we're assuming that it is supposed to work for all kinds of phones the same behavior. and if chose to create an iPhone version then, the general phone version should take precedence when on iPhone.... any idea why this is happening??? 

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
Reply
4 Replies
andrewg
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Mobile for iPhone 7 on 2010

Jump to solution

To help clarify the layouts used when publishing forms, there are only two Nintex Mobile layouts (Phone & Tablet). The other layouts are meant for browser usage that could have a specific device type. The Nintex Mobile Phone layout will be the same layout for iPhone and Andriod, but the controls will be presented differently based on the native type. So a Nintex Mobile layout that can only be seen within the Nintex Mobile App.

Reply
cmikhaiel
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Mobile for iPhone 7 on 2010

Jump to solution

Thanks Andrew for the information. 

After some investigations and discussions with Nintex support; The 2 single line of text fields were not rendering on iPhone as on Android. So I guess we shouldn't always expect that the same form will behave exactly the same on all Mobile OS. So we had to use an emulation tool to test it out.

One of the fields was used in a formula to do calculations. The list field was a single line of text but the value entered on the form is a number which was totally fine, until that number was taken into the calculated field formula. Again it worked totally fine on Android but showed errors on iPhone. So I had to change the original list field into a number, removed it from the form and re-added it. The error was gone from the mobile form. But now the form doesn't submit at all. It keeps the submitted form in the Outbox forever and shows a warning icon, but not indicating what the problem is.

It is not the connection, I tried from the same phone/same network to submit another form on another list and it went in immediately. I tried clearing the local data, removing the logged in user data. and still all newly submitted forms stay in Outbox.

Any clue how to troubleshoot this case??

0 Kudos
Reply
andrewg
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Mobile for iPhone 7 on 2010

Jump to solution

Good update, thanks for those details. Whether you are on the mobile app or the browsers, the controls wont always be exactly the same.

Have all of the previews of forms been cleared?

0 Kudos
Reply
cmikhaiel
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Mobile for iPhone 7 on 2010

Jump to solution

yes, there was actually no previews generated. I prefer to test by submitting an actual list item since my experience with generating previews on mobile wasn't always a good one. e.g: some task forms that had required fields with read only made the form stuck in preview...etc. and many others that led me to a conclusion is to always test with an actual list item to avoid unexpected behaviours.

In anyways, finally, I was able to troubleshoot the issue. It was related to a totally different field on the form! which was a people picker field. It was a lot of work, since the only way I was able to figure this out was by submitting the form inserting one field at a time (which is BTW a very big form) and observe which field leads the form to be stuck in the outbox folder with the unknown warning. Thank goodness that field was in the first quarter of the form.. 

I'm hoping there would be a better way in the future to troubleshoot and view logs of mobile forms somehow. As this was a really hit & miss and I was really shooting in the dark and scared of the amount of time it would be taken to just find out where the problem is!  

0 Kudos
Reply