K2 Login Form

• 24 June 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Dear all,

Could u all provide me a tutorial how to create end user log in form in k2.  User log in through the login form and go into home space where all the workflow will appear in home page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Denry,

there are many ways to do login page, I will explain a simple one:

let's assume the  registeration will be an administration role, so you will need to have a list with all the authenticated/registered users and has their passwords, emails, AD Name, etc..

now design a login form with two textboxes (email and password), 2 datalables(hidden) and one button

to avoid confusion I will use the following names

Password textbox = txtPassword

Email textbox = txtEmail

Password datalable = dlPassword

Email datalable = dlEmail

Login Button = btnLogin

When btnLogin is Clicked

Execute LoginUsersInfo List method (Filter it on AD Name, Where AD Name = Current User Name) => return Email and Password to the hidden datalables

If Form Passes Validation (txtEmail and txtPassword are required fields)

And If (txtEmail = dlEmail AND txtPassword = dlPassword)

Navigate to another Form

Else

Show message

Edit the validation as you wish

hope this helps

Badge +5

You could also use Forms based authentication for your AD users which K2 provides Out of the Box. This will provide you with a login page for user to login and to logout you will just call this page [K2 url]/ Runtime/_trust/logout.aspx with a button. 

You can can configure FBA for K2 using SmartForms, just go to the System > Management > Security > Forms. You will need to configure the Manage Issuers form to allow login for K2 Forms STS and the Manage Site Realms form to configure the various K2 sites to use FBA. 

To make sure you users are directly sent back to the K2 homepage, edit the [K2 url]/ Runtime/default.aspx page and add a "meta refresh" in the header. 

These instructions are for K2 4.6.7 and above, if you're using anything lower you will need to edit the Smartforms Runtime web.config file. Information on this is easily available online. 

Badge +1

Hi,

Current k2 is install in sql enviroment, how could i have a page that can have user management function, eg: add a new user, change user pwd.  and login form will authenticate with sql database.  And how user reporting system work in k2 sql?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi denry,

Unfortunatly there is nothing like that, you will have to create it.

Badge +1

Hi Mustafa,

Please can you provide more details on this.

I am unable to find - Execute LoginUsersInfo List method 

Is it  a OOB SmartObject or we need to create it from SharePoint.

Thanks.