Reevaluate succeeding rule

• 30 August 2007
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

In an activity, I have a succeeding rule which wait the process datafield Count = 1. As I update this datafield with other process instance, I need to force reevaluate the succeeding rule so that the activity doesn't wait if count is set to 1.

How can I do this ?

Thanks

Aude

3 replies

Badge +9

There is not really any concept around force reevaluating a succeeding rule, especially from another activity as activities are discrete entities independant of each other.

Generally I have handled type of situation is handled via line rule that goes to an activiity that contains a server event that implements a GotoActivity() method.  The GotoActivity will expire all open activity instances and set exectution at the activity provided in the method call.

Badge +8

Yes,

remember that the succeeding rule on an activity is used to PREVENT the activity from pre-maturely finishing before all possible responses from users have been received. If you have an approval activity and 5 users can approve, it is used to prevent the activity from completing until, for example you have at least 3 approvals.

The Succeeding rule is executed everytime one of 5 users above finishes their 'approval task', i.e. finish the Worklist item.

Badge +9

Opps, I mis-read the original post.  I thought the need was to force the succeeding rule from one activity to fire based upon the completion of an different activity.  Sorry for any confusion.

As smiddie wrote, there is no need to force it to re-evaluate, the K2 server will automatically execute the succeeding rule each time a task is complete for that activity to see if it should move on or not.