cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex Live Relay Windows Service Account

Jump to solution

In order to prevent the SharePoint health analyzer from displaying the dreaded "You used the farm account for a service" I tried to change the account that runs the Nintex Live Relay Service account on the server to another service account. The problem is while trying to start the Live Relay Service in central admin I get an error. I provisioned the service as the farm account, then in security in central admin I switched it to another account.  As soon as that happened the service stopped working. Is it possible to change the account and if so what did I miss?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Nintex Live Relay Windows Service Account

Jump to solution

An object of the type
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWindowsServiceCredentialDeploymentJobDefinition
named "windows-service-credentials-Nintex Live Relay Service" already exists
under the parent Nintex.Live.SharePoint.WindowsServices.NintexLiveRelayService
named "Nintex Live Relay Service".  Rename your object or delete the existing
object.

This is the kind of error i receive when i switch service accounts for the nintex Live services. I cannot leave the farm account to run the service because it generates error in the Health Analyzer, saying that Farm account is configured to run services, not a preferred way. Any suggestions.

0 Kudos
svendron
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hello James,

we have the same issue. Did you find a solution meanwhile?

Many Thanks!

Sven

0 Kudos
sumit_jethwa
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

If you have Nintex Forms 2013 build 3.0.3.1, you can change the user account which is used by the Nintex Live Relay service.

The first step is to create or identify a managed user account with the following access and group memberships:

• Appropriate access to the Nintex Forms and Nintex Workflow databases
  • Access to the SharePoint lists and web applications that may be used by the Live service
  • Membership in the Farm Administration group on the SharePoint farm

Then,

1. On the Central Administration Home page, click Security.
  2. Change the user account for Nintex Live Relay Service
  3. In the General Security section, click Configure service accounts to display the Service Accounts page.
  4. In the first drop-down menu, select Windows Service – Nintex Live Relay Service.
  5. From the Select an account for this component drop-downmenu, select the appropriate user account.iv.
  6. Click OK.
james_delisa
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The above solution sounds good however, what specific rights are we talking about at the DB level, List level, web application level.

The first step is to create or identify a managed user account with the following access and group memberships:

• Appropriate access to the Nintex Forms and Nintex Workflow databases?
  • Access to the SharePoint lists and web applications that may be used by the Live service ?
  • Membership in the Farm Administration group on the SharePoint farm

Then,

1. On the Central Administration Home page, click Security.
  2. Change the user account for Nintex Live Relay Service
  3. In the General Security section, click Configure service accounts to display the Service Accounts page.
  4. In the first drop-down menu, select Windows Service – Nintex Live Relay Service.
  5. From the Select an account for this component drop-downmenu, select the appropriate user account.iv.
  6. Click OK.

This occurs in SharePoint 2016 as a FYI as well.