External reference issue

• 22 January 2013
  • 1 reply

Badge +8

I have written a c# helper class to reference in my Blackpearl project. I added the reference and deployed, and it works fine.

My first activity is a server activity, with 5 events. The first is a data event, the second is a call to a method in the helpler class. This method updates datafields based on the xml form schema. I did it this way because there is a lot of logic in setting the fields, which is tedious to create in a data event. Also, I want to reuse this method in 3 or 4 places throughout the workflow.

When I go back into the project, make some changes, and redeploy, I will now get an error on that method call ...'28031 Xmlfield MOC2TestForm not found'. MOC2TestForm is the name of the form schema that I originally used, but I renamed it long ago. Somewhere there is still a reference to that name, but I can't find it in either the K2 project or the helper class.

If I remove and re-add the reference, then redeploy, it works fine. I have checked 'local copy' and 'include in project' so that it gets deployed with the project, but that doesn't help.

What can I do to avoid having to readd the reference every time I want to deploy? I am doing this in development, and have a long way to go to finish my workflow. i don't want to have to delete/readd every time I want to deploy.

1 reply

Badge +13

I think if you change the signature of methods (name, parameter) then you need to remove/add.

If you changed the implementation within the method you might not need to refresh as long as the new DLL is in the referenced path.   Let us know if that's true.

Kinda surprised that it complained when your obsoleted method isn't referenced in the project though.