Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Nintex List Workflow 2013 crashes during setting permissions

Jump to solution

Hello there,

I have a little problem setting permissions during Nintex workflow. The workflow starts by adding new list document library items. We have an Excel makro that generates 200 PDF-Files and adding these automatically to the document library in SharePoint 2013. The workflow starts automatically and sets permissions. It's all ok for 180 elements, but the workflow crashes for 20 elements with the following error message:

: Nintex.Workflow.NWException: Failed to set permissions ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.  Parametername: index     bei System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)     bei Microsoft.SharePoint.SPRoleAssignmentCollection.Remove(Int32 index)     bei Nintex.Workflow.Activities.SetPermissionsJob.DoWork()     --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung --- (Build:3050)

The steps crashing looks like the following picture:

09-12-2014 09-19-24.png

What is the reason for this beavior?

Can anyone help?

Greetings

Mirko

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex List Workflow 2013 crashes during setting permissions

Jump to solution

Hi,

maybe you should try to variate the Workflow parameters like "batch size", "treshold" and others. Sometimes this can help when having large amounts.

Here is a good link of what you can adjust and what it does:

KPCB: How to Improve Workflow Performance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

So a workflow starts for each document that is uploaded and the permissions are changed for that individual document. Does this also mean that there is logic in this workflow that could possibly set permissions for one document that is unique from another? Or are they all similar?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Victor,

thanks for the very good article to improve workflow performance. In my case the workload is not so big, but I have other workflows this may help. Thanks.

Hello Andrew,

yes the workflow starts for each document. There is a little logic which sets different permissions. Today I found another issue. We copied the site with the Nintex workflow two month ago to a new location via AvePoint Content Manager. Now we have a second instance from the same workflows and for every document the workflow starts parallel two times. I think, this is our problem.

Thanks for your answers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Yes, that will definitely cause issues. When moving lists with workflows you can do it in a few ways, but be careful of the content that must move with it for the workflows to function. See Nintex Workflow Backup and Restore

And PrepareSiteForExport NWAdmin action from NWAdmin Operations - Nintex Workflow 2013

View solution in original post

0 Kudos