Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spgeek03
Nintex Newbie

Nintex Hawkeye Service not listed in Central Administration in SP 2010

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am on trail version of nintex hawkeye and trying to use it with on-premise SharePoint 2010.

I have done the installation on the SP 2010 on-premise, however i dont see the "Nintex Hawkeye" services listed in the list of services in Central Administration.

Also when i create a workflow, i could see the actions [like beacon , start beacon and end beacon] from the hawkeye in the list of actions in the nintex, however when i publish the workflow it gives me error saying 

The type or namespace name "Hawkeye" does not exist in the namespace "Nintex".

Has anyone faced this earlier and what is the possible root cause and solution for this.

Thank you!!

Tags (1)
7 Replies
rickbakker
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Hawkeye Service not listed in Central Administration in SP 2010

Jump to solution

Hi Ketan Gandhi‌,

Did you also do all configuration steps? Perhaps the following link can be useful for you: https://community.nintex.com/thread/12844

Cheers,

Rick

spgeek03
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Rick

Thanks for your reply.

the link you mentioned above says "Today we support SharePoint 2013, with SharePoint 2016, Office 365 and Nintex Workflow Cloud coming soon." ...so does it not support SharePoint 2010 ???

However i read somewhere it also supports SP 2010 and on the hawkeye trail tenant portal in the nintex data sources link it shows option to connect to SharePoint 2010.

So it is bit confusing ..can you please help in this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
rickbakker
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

SharePoint 2010 was not supported right from the beginning. It was added later on. Because SharePoint 2010 is now avaiable as data source, you can assume it is supported at this moment.

spgeek03
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Rick,

I think i have installed it correctly because i could see and use the hawkeye actions [beacons] in the workflow...however i am not able to publish the workflow...it gives error related to the namespace.

Only thing that i find missing is the "Nintex Hawkeye"  timer service not listed in the Central Admin and also i could not start the same from the "services" window [After starting it immediately stops saying service will be stopped if it is not being used by other service or program].

Not sure if anyone has faced this before!! 

luke_bongiorno
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Ketan. 

We have not seen this issue previously, and it would appear that there has been an issue with the installation process. Can I ask you to please raise a support case so we can have our engineers engaged to assist you. Unfortunately, I am unable to do this on your behalf. Linking to this community thread will assist. Once we resolve the issue, we will also ensure that we extend your Trial period so that you have sufficient time to evaluate Hawkeye.

Thanks, 

Luke

spgeek03
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hello Luke,

Many thanks for your response. Sure will raise a support case foe this.

Indeed that would be good if you extend the trail period, because i have spend more time in installing and configuring the tool then foreseen.

Thanks!!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi All,

We were able to get this resolved by running: Install-NHService from a SharePoint Management Shell window. 

While the Nintex Hawkeye Service would normally be installed behind the scenes when running the Hawkeye installer; when the Hawkeye solution is deployed manually, the Hawkeye Service is not automatically installed. The Install-NHService command will run Nintex.Hawkeye.SharePoint.WindowsService.exe (\BIN\NintexHawkeye\Nintex.Hawkeye.SharePoint.WindowsService.exe) and get the Nintex Hawkeye services loaded into the SharePoint environment.

Cheers!