Workflow to Copy Document from Subsite to Parent Site

Badge +5

I have two workflows, the first one is a review and approval process, once approved it kicks off the Publishing workflow.  The problem I am having is, the Review/Approval workflows kicks off the Publishing workflow, but it doesn't copy the Word document to the Parent library, but if I run the Publishing Workflow independently, it will copy the file to the parent library.

The messages I am getting with the Publishing workflow when kicked off from the Review/Approval Workflow error are:

• An error occurred while publishing QM 103B Training Attendance Form.docx...

• Site is not configured for Claims Forms Authentication.

I am using the workflow Action "Copy file to SharePoint".

When it ran from the Review/Approval I get the messages above, but when I ran it independently, it created a New Record ID and the file was successfully copied to the Parent location.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

How do you kickoff the Publishing workflow from the other workflow??? If you use the web request action, you most likely used some credentials. If so, and if you don't use override credentials in the Copy to SharePoint action, it uses the one specified in the web request.

If you used the Start workflow action..... I still would check if it has to do with user accounts used.

When you start the Publishing workflow, it uses your credentials.

Also check if the workflow setting "Require manage list rights" is enabled.

Badge +5

The webservice to StartWorkflowOnListItem is using a Secure Store Acct, sames as the Copy To SharePoint.

Another odd thing is that I had this workflow working on another library and if the checkbox for PDF is checked it will convert the Word Document to PDF and Publish the PDF to the Parent Library, this new library is not doing that, it is errors and the Publish of the Word Document doesn't publish at all to the Parent Library.  (I have a branch, Y/N if Publish to PDF), if Yes convert to PDF, if No Copy word document to Parent Library.