cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Nintex Forms web part - changing ID

I have a Nintex form and have used a lot of javascript to add some smarts into the form. One example would be a button, that takes you to the next list item and loads the details on the Nintex form. Basically it redirects to EditItem.aspx?ID=<nextID>

Now I have added a Nintex forms web part on a page and have configured it to have the 'Edit' view displayed for the form. You need to provide the Item ID which has been set to 1. So the forms works fine, opens up the list item where ID = 1. Now when i click on my custom Button mentioned above, it takes me to the back end page 'EditItem.aspx' as it is configured to do so.

I'm wondering if theres a way to change the ID of the list item to be displayed on the fly on the Nintex Forms web part?

Thanks!

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Nintex Forms web part - changing ID

The Ninte Form webpart does not accept web part connections, so you will not be able to change the value that way, eq. using a filter webpart. And from what I can gather in the HTML, and also how most webparts are managed in SP, the config data is stored in server side properties and not on the page itself. So when the item is being rendered, server side code is executing the query based on the configuration. You will not be able to short circuit that configuration before the page load by using JQuery to change the ID value before it renders or performs a query.

Why do you use the pages to display the form? Maybe the same thing can be achieved another way?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Andrew.

I'm trying to build a page with a couple of other things along with the form. So using a Nintex Forms Web part seemed to be the perfect way of doing this. But with the custom javascript and the things im trying to achieve, im not sure if it will be possible to achieve this on a custom page with nintex web part.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

With JavaScript, you should be able to get a list of all IDs of items from the list and put into an array or collection. Your query should sort them ascending. Then find your current ID in the array (index of, or loop) and get the next item in the array as nextID. Now use this ID to build the link to the next item and window.location to it. You can perform a save before this navigation by calling the PreSaveAction I believe.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I'm doing exactly that already and it works fine when I am using the form thru the list (eg: edititem.aspx). I want to do this thru the Nintex Forms web part on a page. Using window.location redirect will take me away from the page where the forms web part is located and i dont want that.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

marked assumed answered, questioner already deactivated

0 Kudos