Query on Repeating section

• 9 December 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a project where we would be making use of repeating columns in Nintex form.

As per our understanding, items added under repeating columns would sit under a single cell instead of breaking it in to different rows. 

Is there way, to break the items added in repeating columns in to different rows instead of making it to sit in a single cell.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Shreedhar H V

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you post an example of your requirement?

I somehow can not figure out what's your requirement about.

Badge +3

Thanks for the response Marian!

For example, I have a repeating section with 3 columns, Column A, Coulmn B and Column C. After feeding values to these 3 columns, in case if  I want to add more info, I'll click on add a row.

Add a row option will pops up 3 columns again. 

After adding values and click on submit, values entered in repeating section sits in single row, instead of creating two rows.

Please let me know if this makes sense! 

Shreedhar H V

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok, I see now.

if you want to create single list item for every repeating section row, you can do that with workflow.

repeating section content is stored as XML so it's quite easy to parse it for single rows and columns.

Badge +3

Thanks Marian! Could you please help me in building WF ?

Shreedhar H V

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you can start by studying following bog Nintex Forms/Workflow - Parsing Repeating Section Data - Vadim Tabakman 

then you can serach the forum on the topic, there are plenty of discussions on that

https://community.nintex.com/search.jspa?q=parse+repeating+section+workflow 

if you have some specific questions, just ask.

Badge +4

unfortunately since yesterday I could not find one full example on repeating section, parsing, all discussion is genrice and not specific, just if any one can provide a real full sample, it will be much helpful instead of such many posts,.

Even the above, mentioned by Vadim Tabakam , is not helpful, the important thing is not details. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

please create new question for your specific problem.

describe there into details what you'd like to do, what exactly you've tried/implemented, what exactly you have problem with, etc. provide examples, screenshot, etc.

Badge +4

Simply I need to have a full working example to retrieve parse any repeating section information.

to be then populated on other sub list, or external db list.

The basic of retrieve an parsing is misleading among many post to the same topic.

If any one can provide a sample UDA, or very detailed example, it would be much better.

not, I am a new to Nintex.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Vadim's blogpost is IMHO detailed enough. I'm not sure what else could be added to that in general.

there are downloadable examples and UDA as welll.

one another example I can provide is from Nintex Xchange™‌ -  

as I said, if you have some specific problems to get working or understand anything out of that and/or other posts, create new question.