cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex Forms support for Firefox?

Sharepoint: 2010 Enterprise (on premise)

Nintex Workflow: 2.4.2.0

Nintex Forms: 1.7.0.0

Firefox: 1.1.0-31.1.1ESR - 1.0.0

My preferred browser for web development is Firefox. It has long been an annoyance that the Nintex tools (the Workflow builder and Forms Editor) only work properly in Internet Explorer, however I was reasonably happy that the resulting workflows and forms were usable cross-browser, which you would expect as Nintex aims to be multi-platform (supporting mobile phone browsers etc.)

A week or two back our IT department installed a Nintex upgrade to deal with some problems we were having with the forms engine. The upgrade did fix some of the issues, but in the process it seems to have partially broken the Nintex forms in Firefox, when just using the list editing features (not in the forms editor):

Symptoms

• If you use the pulldown menu on a list item and select Edit Item, on a list with a Nintex form defined, this works correctly in IE, but in Firefox, most of the time (maybe 90%) the edit form comes up greyed-out (i.e. "backgrounded" like the list behind the form), and cannot be used.
  • Strangely, in Firefox if you initially choose View Item, then select the Edit button from within the view-mode form, the editor works ok.

Our IT department's response to this problem is to say that Nintex only works in IE, so that's all they will support!

Is that really where we are?  As noted above I understood that Nintex supported the major browsers for users, it was just the developer tools that were IE-only.

Please can someone clarify Nintex's position on cross-browser compatibility of forms, I need to know whether I have a leg to stand on here or whether this is a lost cause, and a significant proportion of our users (some of whom use Firefox or Chrome instead of the default corporate installation of IE) are going to be left in a hole.

Regards: Colin_E

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Nintex Forms support for Firefox?

Hey Colin,

The requirements for Nintex Forms 2010 are in our Installing Nintex Workflow 2010 and Nintex Forms 2010 page 4.

To design Nintex forms, use the following browser versions.

• Minimum required:Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.x
  • Recommended:Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or greater

To run Nintex forms, use the following browser versions.

• Minimum required: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x or latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (Mac/iOS)
  • Recommended: Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 or greater, or latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (Mac/iOS)

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks for that. Now all I have to do is persuade our IT department to aknowledge browsers other than IE :-}

It would be helpful to know if anyione else is seeing this list editing problem, which looks as if it might be related to a permissions issue blocking some Javascript files from downloading.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hey there,

Did you ever fix the grey-out issue? I am having the same problem with Chrome and Firefox. Just wanted to know if you figured something out. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I'm afraid not. For the moment i'm using the "view first, then click the edit option" workaround for myself. This is of course after i've tried to edit the item directly every time and then had to use the briowser back/forward buttons, which is incredibly frustrating.

Unfortunately our ICT guys are taking the line that they don't support Firefox, even if Nintex do, so i can't even get a bug logged to get someone to look into it.

We have a possibly related problem with some users seeing completely blank (empty) Nintex forms. but this one at least generates some errors in the browser Javascript console, which look like-

Contribute%20Document.aspx

SCRIPT5022: Sys.InvalidOperationException: Object NWF already exists and is not

a namespace.

ScriptResource.axd, line 1866 character 13

a namespace.

a namespace.

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'Functions' of undefined or null reference

EditForm.aspx, line 1549 character 9

a namespace.

SCRIPT5009: 'Rules' is undefined

EditForm.aspx, line 174 character 36

However for this "grey out" problem i haven't managed to find a useful trace to what's going on yet.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply