K2 Sharepoint Assigh a task to a perticular User

• 27 July 2009
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi Team,

This is Ankur from India and I am working in
ASP.NET, Integration Technologies BizTalk, SSIS. We have a requirement
wherein we have to create an sharepoint application using Sharepoint
lists and libraries where the workflow design is going to be using K2.
The List will be created by the Admin and after that he will assign
that list or workitem to the other user (we are talking about User here
not a perticular role flexibility has to be there in selecting user).

A-------assigns
the list--------->B (B belongs to a role called C, not all the
persons belonging to the same role should get the task) . But if I open
the K2 Web Designer for the sharepoint I can find that I can couple a
perticular sharepoint role for an activity not the user.

Can you suggest how the design approach should be done for the above requirement.

Regards

Ankur

3 replies

Badge +3

What version of K2 blackpearl are you using?  Is there a reason you are using the web desingner and not Visual Studio?  Just trying to determine what the options here.

Also if you use the K2 Web Designer it will resolve a specific SharePoint Group to individual users.  Don't know if this is desired.

You do have the ability to make the selection of who is reviewing the list item ad hoc in the destinations screen.  Hence you could just pick the users in role C that you want to route to.

Could you a little more context around how you want to have the users selected.  Not sure I understand if you want to only select users from a specific role...etc.

Badge +3

Hi,

My actual requirement is like we have to create an application where a user  creates a "Request"(That will be a Share point List Item) and he should assign it to one of the subordinate. The "assign to:" is going to be a column in the list in share point. Depending upon the column value the user should get the task in his task list.

1. I have created an application in the K2 Studio. I have called Share point Work flow Integration Process wizard and Integrated my list with the K2. Which has asked me to Assign the list Items into an new XML node which I did.

2. I have given that XML item(Column "assigned To") as a destination to the share point Client Event.

3. The problem is as the process will be having multiple levels of approval and in each level destination user will select its immediate subbordinate. That means the destinations of the each level of events are dynamic and user has to fill the list items as the task is reaching to them and so on. But in this case, all the xml nodes are getting assigned values as soon as the work flow is instantiated. 

So initially Only first level destination is working since the first column "assigned to level 1:" which is mandatory ad is having value. Other "assigned to" columns will be empty in the beginning(value has to be filled as the work flow progresses).

Q1: How we can resolve this problem and what  can be the alternative work around if this approach is not valid.

Q2: Also, for the above solution, when I am giving list Item (xml node) as a destination, every person is getting task listed in their TASK LIST(It is showing as BP Service Task created for K2 Users). Only assigned person is authorized to action the task that is there.

But Ideally It should be like only assigned users should get the task item in the Task List.  

Badge +3

Hi Team,

Please look into this problem and give some workarounds for development.

Regards

Ankur