Nintex workflow causing issues to SharePoint workflow

• 26 January 2016
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hi,

I need some expert view on this matter as claims made by our SharePoint developer.

We have both Nintex and SharePoint workflow running in our SharePoint environment.

The SharePoint workflow created by them having an issues and they said this issue was triggered by the 3rd party tool.

Has anyone here ever encounter this problem before?

Appreciate your feedback.

3 replies

Badge +11

Hi Izyan,

never heard of that problem before. I had both SharePoint and Nintex-Workflows running paralelly on my environment without problems. At leats not more problems than you anyway have when using SharePoint-Designer workflows wink.png

Maybe your SharePoint developers can provide more information on this issues? What errors do they receive? What makes them think that Nintex is the cause?

Greetings

Philipp

Badge +3

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for your feedback.

Our developer said they did not have any issue when run on their local server (without any 3rd party tool).

Currently the SharePoint workflow they created for us not so stable, today it's working but tomorrow not working.

Since we don't have much knowledge in SharePoint workflow, we can't confirm it come from their workflow design.

Regards,

Izyan

Badge +11

Hi Izyan,

we would really need more information to help you.

Your developers have to get some kind of error notification or at least they recognize some misbehaviour of their workflow that they can describe.

Just because they run the workflow on their local server without Nintex is no prove for Nintex being the source of the problem. Especially if the workflow is not very stable, many other things can cause a SharePoint-workflow to error.

Could you ask your developers for ANY kind of error code or error description (e. g. from workflow history or ULS log)? Otherwise noone will be able to help.

We need something to start wink.png

Greetings

Philipp