Unable to view process task in K2 Workspace

• 22 July 2010
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Business System Analyst Bruce here again,

Background:

I completed the Wrox sample workflow (chp 9) and manually deployed it to our server (db and application). I've verified the new process (InformationRequest) has been added to the server via Workspace as admin user. The required roles exist and each has my Active Directory user id so I can perform every task in the workflow.

On the server (again via Workspace) I added my user id as an admin user.

Issue:

Frist, via K2 workspace (admin user) I start a new instance of the workflow process. The system displays the Create New Process instance dialog. I enter the Folio value, uncheck the Use Date option, select Load Data and enter the CustomerName and CustomerEmail (per the workflow). Next I select the START button to create the new process instance (see Wrox pp 279).

Next I am directed to run K2 workspace as a user defined in the workflow. I am unable to install K2 workspace on my local pc as it does not meet all dependencies. Instead, I use remote access to again connect to the K2 server (admin user). Next I switch the user id by first selecting IE with "Run As" option then enter my AD instance and user id. As IE is thinking about it, I launch Workspace and again enter my AD instance and user id ([instance][user id]).

When K2 workspace opens, there are no menu options and no processes display. The header does reflect my user id.

If this is a K2 support issue let me know, otherwise I'd appreciate some guidance here.

3 replies

Badge +5

First thing is to check to see the state that the process is in, i.e. Running, Active, Error, etc.  Go into the K2 workspace, expand the server name -> Workflow server -> Processes, drill down into your process and click Instances.  If its state is Running, Error, or not Active then you won't see it in anyone's worklist.  If it is Active, then the next step is to run the Process Overview report, drill down into your instance until you get to the Activity Instances report.  Once there, click on the person icon which will show you whose queue the work is sitting in.  If that report shows the correct desintation user and you still aren't seeing the worklist item then it could be an authentication issue.

Badge +1

erice thanks for the reply. after additional investigation... I'm able to access the workspace from my client pc running IE with the following URL

http://[your webservice url here]/workspace/Navigation/Navigation.aspx

To obtain the webservice url open K2 studio or Visual Studio, open a K2 project and the environment tab, then Workflow Web Services, then Web Service URL.

Secondly,  once the task/instance displays in the workspace client, hover the mouse over the row to high-light it then double-click on it to view the form and/or fields. My mistake was to check the item then choose the batch action (e.g. create request) which did not launch the form.

Badge +7

There are issues with Kerberos and the RunAs command, I would suggest logging onto the machine (domain joined) using the domain user account (the defined user) and access the workspace as the defined user.