cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Nintex Forms error: Error "Unable to get property '_ObjectType_' of undefined or null reference"

I am facing an error in Nintex Forms. I have problems finding the cause as the form is pretty massive (formula, lookups, rules).

error message

Error message in English (translated): "Unable to get property '_ObjectType_' of undefined or null reference"

Error message in German: "Die Eigenschaft "_ObjectType_" eines undefinierten oder Nullverweises kann nicht abgerufen werden. 

I found a solution for a similar looking issue, but it seems not to be this issue as there is no "FormsPart.aspx" referenced in this case. 

As the form is pretty massive I am not able to remove all columns and rules step by step to get the reason for this message. Is there a better way of debugging? 

Version is 4.3.1.1 for SharePoint 2016 on premise

Nintex Forms Standard

SharePoint 2016 May 2018 patch level

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Nintex Forms error: Error "Unable to get property '_ObjectType_' of undefined or null reference"

After some investigation I found the issue in a formula control by deleting every control successively. 

Formula causing the issue when control is empty:

lookup("List","ID",NamedControl,"FieldToRetrieve")

I made this formula handle empty controls by changing it to:

if(isNullOrEmpty(NamedControl)," ",lookup("List","ID",NamedControl,"FieldToRetrieve"))

Maybe this helps someone facing this issue and finding a formula control being the cause. 

The question remains open for the question "How to debug Nintex Forms issues fast and easy?"

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Nintex Forms error: Error "Unable to get property '_ObjectType_' of undefined or null reference"

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Just a quick follow-up on this:

1. The link I posted above is broken, probably due to the automatic URL formatter tripping up on certain characters. The actual link should be: Error "Unable to get property ' ObjectType' of undefined or null reference in lookup runtime functio...
  2. The link, and hence the applicability of the hotfix, is in reference to Forms 2013.
  3. The same issue also existed in Nintex Forms 2016 Version: 4.3.1.1.
  4. This issue was subsequently resolved in Nintex Forms 2016 Version: 4.3.3.0.
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

yes would be really glad if there is an easy way, tbh I also had to go the longish way of checking each formula if anything is wrong, but I sometimes saves the effort by publishing the forms frequently so that I know its only the last iteration (or last published version) since the issue started coming ..

regards,

Shrini

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply