Security tab disappeared from the K2 Workspace

• 4 February 2008
  • 0 replies

Badge +8

Hey guys,

I may be the only one getting stupid errors all the time but if it happens to you, here is what to check if your security tab disappears after you give the administrator account the "workspace permissions" right (which it has by default, alright).

Here's the plot:

You're logged in as the K2 admin, you click on Security, Workspace Permissions, then expand Security and click on Workspace Permissions. By default, the list is empty. You add your admin account, you refresh the page, and then the Security tab is gone, and you can't manage the security anymore, and you're stupidly stuck.

What the problem was:

In the web.config of the Workspace, the ADConnectionString was set to an LDAP path which was not the one corresponding to the domain my admin account belongs to, then it couldn't be resolved. I just change this connection string and my Security tab came back! (The connection string had not been changed since Blackpearl automatically generated it during the installation process).

I just wonder why I was able to browse the workspace with this wrong connection string, but I suppose it only matters if you try to manage the security.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!