Workflow conditional starting not working in sub-sites

Badge +1

Hello,

I created a Site Collection Reusable Workflow associated to a generic Content Type (let's call it "MyGenericForm", inheriting from basic "Item" content type) with conditional starting on Creation and Modification. The condition is set on a Choice Site Column associated to this content type :

Conditions.png

In a sub site, I associated a content type inheriting from "MyGenericForm" to a custom list.

However, when I create or modify an Item, the workflow is not starting.

Everything is working fine if :

- I remove the conditions

- I use this content type on the root site instead of the sub-site

Seems to be a bug with conditional starting in sub-sites ? In advise ?

Many thanks in advance

2 replies

Badge +17

I've seen this before and I've associated it to the issues of tying a workflow to a content type and an event to trigger it.  When I did the same thing with conditions it would not fire them off.  I will keep testing to see if I can identify what happened, but I think its due to not being able to directly associate such with an event because its conditional.

Instead of doing the conditional run, could you change that to run and add a run if or set a condition within the workflow that checks the status. 

An odd workaround but thats what I had to do to get mine working.

Badge +1

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed it's possible to set the workflow to always start and to add a "Run If" block, that's a possible workaround I already tried and that is working but since the workflow will be maintained by business users, it's not a long term workaround.

However the support seems to have reproduced the issue, I'm waiting for a feedback.

Many thanks