cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itrippedover
Nintex Newbie

Nintex Forms cant find Sharepoint List Item

I could use some help please, I have a customer who have Nintex Forms & Workflow 2013. Everything has been running smoothly for a couple of years but just in the last few months on some list items it wont open the Nintex form, I just get a correlation id to refer to. When I look in the ULS logs there are messages saying that "the item does not exist, it may have been deleted by another user". 

However we can see the item in the list, and can edit via quick edit. Any ideas?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Nintex Forms cant find Sharepoint List Item

Hi,

Does the form have a People Picker control on it?

If so does the Person/Group column in SharePoint that it is connected to have a person that is no longer with the company?

If so, if you change the name in Grid View to a user that is still at the company does that resolve the issue?

If that is not the issue have a look for any special characters in the current meta data for the items that do not open and see if the items that do open have the same characters or not.

0 Kudos
itrippedover
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for the speedy reply! I will look into these and let you know (yes there are several people pickers so it is possible that this is the cause)

0 Kudos
itrippedover
Nintex Newbie

Ok, removed all the people in people pickers and even removed any non-word characters but to no avail...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi,
The next thing I would look at is permissions as sometimes the error "the item does not exist, it may have been deleted by another user" can be misleading and the reason the item cannot be found is that there is no permissions to it and instead of an access issue you get this error.
If the issue persists and your customer has a support contract with Nintex I suggest contacting Nintex Support so that this issue can be investigated further.
0 Kudos