Nintex form lookup field value not saving and showing in view

• 9 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

I have a nintex form in which I have a location field which is a  lookup from another list. I have added this field as list lookup from the nintex form by replacing the original field. When I save the form I am not able to see the value of the Location field either in view or in edit form.

Appreciate any help.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

What do you mean when you say you replaced the original field?  

Thanks,
Mike

Badge +3

Hi Mike,

I created the field as lookup in the list and in the form I have deleted the field created in the list and added a new control from nintex form.

Thanks

Dilip Kumar

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

So there are two ways to go about getting a Lookup field on your form (not including the use of a calculated field with a lookup function):

Either first create the Lookup column in your list and then drag that control from under the "List Columns" control area of the designer onto your form.   This will cause the List Lookup control to already be connected to your backing column.

or

Drag and drop from the SharePoint control section of the form designer a List Lookup control onto your form and configure it to make the appropriate lookup, as well as connect its text or id to a backing column in your list.

Thanks,
Mike