Sub-processes running on wrong K2-environment

• 20 December 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi.

We've created a staging-environment running on K2 BlackPearl 4.6.8 (same as the the existing servers DEV/PROD).

The install is pretty vanilla, and all checks and configs check out.

We've then deployed our existing processes (using the Package and Deployment tool) from TEST to the staging-environment.

When we do a dry run of a process everytinhg runs normally, but  when child processes are started they run on the PRODUCTION server.

Which is ... not great.

I've checked and double checked the config on stage, the configu analysis runs fine and all environment vars are good.

Anyone have an idea where the reference to production can be coming from?

(No files have been copied from production to stage.)

Thanks. :)

5 replies

Badge +10

I suspect your String Table values are not correct.  Take a look at what those values actually are and then edit it to point to the correct server.  Specifically, I'd focus on the Workflow Server entry.

Also, note that the String Table gets is values from the Environment Library when you deploy the workflow so make sure those entries are correct.  You may also have multiple environment libraries that if you're using Package and Deployment Tool probably doesn't make sense anymore so I like to ensure there is only 1 environment library per environment (not both Development and Production which is automatically created at install) and that its labeled correctly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tim

Badge +2

Thanks!

You're probably right.

I'm cleaning up the env.vars and string table values now.

All 3 environments were using development as the standard library - but of course with values set individually for each.

The strange thing is that all values displayed in the string table on the Staging environment are correct.

I guess the processes retain their settings somehow.

Will update with result when I'm done.

Badge +2

No solution for this yet.

Thanks for helping out.

Restructured the Environment Library and redeployed everyting to make sure the correct values were set in the String Table.

The data seems legit - the String Table now only shows the name of the new Environment Library in K2 Workspace;

String Table (Stage).

Excerpts from the Server.StringTable on the database:

SmartForms Server Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=[STAGE_DATABASE_SERVER];Port=5555

ServiceObject Server Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=[STAGE_DATABASE_SERVER];Port=5555

Workflow Management Server Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=[STAGE_DATABASE_SERVER];Port=5555
Category Server Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=[STAGE_DATABASE_SERVER];Port=5555

SmartObject Server Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=[STAGE_DATABASE_SERVER];Port=5555
Workflow Server Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=[STAGE_DATABASE_SERVER];Port=5252

So everything looks good, but sub-processes (IPC) are still sent to the production environment.

I've run a profiler on the STAGE SQL Server and got the following entries:

exec [Server].[kIPCErrorRepair] @ID=2,@DstServer=N'[PRODUCTION_DATABASE_SERVER]',@DstPort=5252,@DstConStr=N'Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=[PRODUCTION_DATABASE_SERVER];Port=5252;AuthData=Originator',@DstProc=N'Workflows[NAME OF SUBPROCESS]',@Date='2016-12-20 13:55:28.643'

exec [ServerLog].[lIPCCreate] @SrcProcInstID=2,@SrcEventInstID=69,@DstServer=N'[PRODUCTION_DATABASE_SERVER]',@DstPort=5252,@DstProcInstID=9451

Anyone?

Badge +10

Can you show the screenshots of your IPC event wizard.  I can't see any way it could be calling the production server using the IPC default behaviour with your string tables pointing to Staging but maybe something is hardcoded in the IPC wizard.

Badge +9

Hi,

Please check your Workflow Servers connection in IPC Event.

Make sure u are connecting to right server to call process.