Nintex Mobile offline mode

• 4 February 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi community

I'm looking for details about the offline mode in Mobile app.

Some tests show that cache can populate a previously selected people in people picker, a value in a lookup field, ...

What are the limits of this functionality ?

Is there a predictable behaviour of the cache ?

Which fields are supported ?

Regards

4 replies

Badge +7

Hi Jean-François

I am depending heavily on the Mobile app, but have encountered quite some problems.

One I discovered yesterday is the ability of the app to automatically update the forms - take a look at this thread: Nintex Mobile - Automatically update form on devices

It is not directly what you are asking here, but I thought you might find it interesting anyway :-)

Regards

Leif

Badge +4

Hi Jean-François Legras​,

So for list lookup we automatically download cache list items on the device. However a few things to consider:

• For the number of items to return and cache, we adhere to the limit set in the CA which is defaulted to 2000.
  • Each list is uniquely identified and stored based on the list id and the view your are using on the list
  • Nintex Mobile checks if the list is updated when you refresh your forms/tasks list or when you publish a new form to Nintex Mobile

For People Picker control:

• We don't pre-fetch any item
  • When you are online you cannot manually enter an entity name/email address and you have to select one from the suggested list.
  • When you are online and you add a new entity to the people picker control, we cache the item on the device.
  • When you are offline, you can either select an entity which is already cached on the device or enter an email address manually and submit the form. The form sits in your outbox until you are online. As soon as you are online Nintex Mobile tries to resolve the email addresses you have manually entered and if it can get 100% match then it caches it on the device and submits the form the server. If it does not find a 100% match, then the form, errors and sits in your outbox with errorred state. You need to open the form and manually resolve the entity in People Picker.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Vahid

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi

How does the the App handle images offline? We are looking for a way to have a status indicator on the form and are referencing images from a Public url (Red, amber and green dots). It doesn't appear that these images get cached in the form when downloaded, as they are not shown when offline. Is there a suggested solution for a requirement like this?

Thanks

Badge

Hi Ryan,

Nintex Mobile scans the form definition for images and queue them for download in the background.  The image control is configured to only display images that have been downloaded for offline consumption.  The only reason I can think for the images not displaying offline might be if the image's URL is being dynamically generated and that is interfering with the image control's ability to locate the offline image.

If you send an export of your form definition to support@nintex.com and outline your problem, we can have a look and find what is impacting the offline images for you.

Cheers