Workflow not Automatically Starting

• 30 January 2008
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Seems BizTalk and Sharepoint are OK, leaving K2. BizTalk picks up the email and sends the email/documents to Sharepoint. Sharepoint receives them but K2 doesn't appear to see them when they get into the Sharepoint 'incoming' folder and, therefore, does not start the workflow by setting up an Indexing task. When we do this manually and 'drop' a document into the 'incoming' folder, K2 sees it and creates the Indexing task.

Does anybody have a suggestion? 

2 replies

Badge +10

So biztalk is pushing a doc to a sharepoint library...then you want to kick off a workflow.  Correct?

What event is the library set to listen for?

Badge +7

Hmmm... I wonder if you are having similar issues to me....

The K2 labs are currently investigating a support call that I raised last week, it would appear that if a user creates a 'new' doucment in a document library (that has a workflow start trigger on new and attachment) the workflow functions as expected, but when a document is 'uploaded' something not quite right happens.... in my case K2 reports that the document doesnt exist and therefore I cannot retrieve any metadata.for it.

Does BizTalk do an upload or a new... I suspect it will be doing an upload event.... the guys at K2 tell me that you need to watch for the 'attachment' trigger to capture upload events.... however, I had issues, and they are on the way to being resolved I hope.

Martin