2 Smartobjects

I posted on this forum before but I don't think I got my point across.  I want to have a form that has two tabs 1 is connected to a report smartobject that will take in information and store in the database. The second tab will also be connected to a separate smartobject that will take in information about an individual  (1 - 4 separate tabs). I am able to get the information to be stored in the SQL database for both smartobjects but when the task is sent to the manager for approval only the information on the first tab(the report) shows and I would like them both to show. I have it set up so the manager can see the item view for the tabs. I made it so the report can have many individuals and the individual can only have one report associated to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies

Badge +12

Hi  @Pob,

Thank you for this post. I have tested this on my side, and it seems that upon 4.7. (Latest) that the tabs show as expected with the relvant information, will it be possible to confirm what version of K2 you are using to try and do this?

Kind regards, 

Percy

Badge +8

Pob,

It seems to me like it might not be calling to read rule on the second tab when the form loads. Check your rules and make sure when the form initializes that the data is being read from the appropriate smartobject on the second tab. I would like to make a couple of suggestions. The first is to have buttones instead of tabs. You can create a report form. On the main form a button that says "Reports" can open the reports form. You might even have a few toolbar buttons for the different types of reports. With each click it just shows the report and hides the others in the form below.

My second suggestion would be to resuse the main smartobject for reporting as well. Instead of saving data in two different places you could instead do reporting from the same smartobject where you save the data. I hope any of this helps.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters