Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
brettando
Nintex Newbie

Nintex Forms How can I trim/replace/extract characters from string

Jump to solution

Using Nintex Forms, from a sub-site, when a person opens a link to a new form located in the top-level site, the source= url string is copied into a field using the formula: fn-GetQueryString(Source)

This pastes the url string when the form is loaded as: http://SpServer.com/sites/Programs/1/Pages/default.aspx   (So depending on which sub-site, 1, 2, 3 e...

So what I now need is to display the corresponding Sub-Site Name in a field. I have tried commonSmiley Frustratedite Name but this displays the top-level Site Name, which is no good.

I have another list that was used to create the sub-site using the Create Site Workflow and that has the corresponding Site Name, so I can use a lookup if I can get the 1, 2, 3 etc from the source string url.

The URL path after the 1, will be dynamic, so it could be /1/Pages/Lessons.aspx, /3/Pages/Risks.aspx etc.

Is there a way perhaps using Trim or Replace, that I can extract the sub-site 1, 2, 3 etc at runtime?

Ask if anything is unclear.

Thanks.

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
emha
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Forms How can I trim/replace/extract characters from string

Jump to solution

something like following should work.

I'll assume http://SpServer.com/sites/Programs/ is your site URL.

use calculated value control with following formula

replace(replace({TextStart}QURL{TextEnd},{TextStart}{Common:WebURL}{TextEnd}+"/",""),'\\/[\\w\\/\\.]+$',"")

note QURL is name of field which you populate with with query string, so replace it in formula with respective named control reference.

‌ part of path‌

brettando
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Forms How can I trim/replace/extract characters from string

Jump to solution

Wow, thanks Marian! That works!

Thank you so much, you have saved me a huge amount of change-formula, publish form, refresh page, test, repeat.

Amazing.