Multiple tabs

• 28 February 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I have tabs to access multiple sections of a form . Some sections of the form are fairly deep, so I decided to repeat the same tabs at the bottom of the sections so the user does not have to scroll up to move to another section . Can I be pointed to some documentation that shows me how to do this . I basically want to repeat the same tabs through the form for easy navigation .

I have attached a very simplified version of the form . It shows two panels , create reports and modify reports . I would like to add the same tabs to bottom of each panel allowing the user to easily navigate the various sections of the form .   

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Are you able to post a screenshot of what you currently have?

edit: Ah crap, sorry, I didn't see the screenshot when I was on my phone :S

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Raymond,

from the screenshot in your pdf, it looks like the second choice control that manage the visibility of panels is inside the second panel, what happens if you move it outside the panel, just below all the panels? it should be sticky at the bottom..

what I don't know is if it's possible to have multiple controls named in the same way, in order to have the rules that hide/show panel work correctly with both menu..

Badge +2

Thanks . I have placed the second control outside of either panels and gave it a different name. How should I write the rule/s to ensure that two controls managing the same panels ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

to keep value/state of several controls in sync you will have to write a javascript. not sure if that' s an option for you.

if so the idea roughly is:

- configure the same class for all the controls you want to keep in sync

- attach onchange handler to all the elements with a given class

- within the handler get the current value (will be supplied as an input argument to the handler)  and set it to all the elements with given class

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi ‌,

have you tried to apply Marian suggestion? There is no way out of the box to keep in sync two controls, so you have to write your own javascript..

Badge +2

Thanks all. I'm not too comfortable with JavaScript so I will need to do some research before I can implement this .

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi ‌ - did you get a chance to test this out?