cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex Forms: Can I customize the Edit Item form separately than a New Item form?

Jump to solution

I have a list with multiple columns that will be filled in with data at various stages of an approval process. The new item form has been customized to require the fields to start the approval process. Later during the approval process, I need someone to be able to manually fill in columns that are not included on the new item form.

Is there a way to edit the Edit Item form separately than the New Item form with Nintex Forms?

I am guessing I am could use tabs on the forms and disable the tab until certain pieces during the approval process are complete or simply disable fields on the form until later.

Any other suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Nintex Forms: Can I customize the Edit Item form separately than a New Item form?

Jump to solution

Simplest method for editing the edit form vs the new form is to create a panel that the conditions "IsEditForm" is true or false and hide that panel with the various controls in it. Design the form in one panel that will be used for the new form, and set it to "not(isNewForm)" and check the "hide" rule. Then design your new item form in that panel. Then create a second panel where "not(isEditForm)" and check the "hide" button there as well.

Its not like InfoPath where you have 2 separate forms you can edit and modify based on the form that's being used it will display the appropriate form. Its one of the things I don't really care for with Nintex forms...That and the ability to pre-populate a text box with list data so you can actually MAKE an edit form in a site workflow where you're not directly editing a single line item in a list. At least I haven't figured out how to do it with tons of custom javascript coding...

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Nintex Forms: Can I customize the Edit Item form separately than a New Item form?

Jump to solution

Thanks Tyler!

Do the panels render well with the Hide rule? I have used Hide before in the middle of forms based on choices and it renders weird gaps into the form.

Would you be able to do this as tabs and hide the tab with IsNewForm or IsEditForm?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

It works ok on the version we have at my office here, but I don't know what yours is. We're running on the Nintex forms for sharepoint 2013. Outside that I don't know. The guy who trained us on this was surprised that the white space was removed when the panels were hidden and he acted like our version was newer than the one he trained on usually.

I can safely say that ours removes unneeded whitespace when you hide a panel. How yours will act is entirely based on your environment.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ok. We are still using SharePoint 2010 so that could have been the issue. I will try this and hope the panels hide well when the form renders.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos