cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Nintex Forms: Calculated Value control with lookup() function not returning proper value

I have a list with custom Nintex Form.  I need to grab 4 date values from a secondary SharePoint list and store these values in form variables.

Let's call the 2nd list "List B"

List B has 4 columns that I need: (Filtered on "Quarter = FormVariable.Quarter)

- Start Date

- End Date

- Selection Available Start Date

- Selection Available End Date

In the Nintex form, I have 4 form variables each with a lookup() function as the default value:

- Award Selection End - lookup("List B","Quarter",Quarter,"Selection Available End Date")

[returns Sat Dec 31 00:00:00 EST 2016]

- Award Selection Start - lookup("List B","Quarter",Quarter,"Selection Available Start Date")

[returns #Value!]

- Nomination Start Date - lookup("List B","Quarter",Quarter,"Start Date")

[returns Fri Dec 23 00:00:00 EST 2016]

- Nomination End Date - lookup("List B","Quarter",Quarter,"End Date")

[returns Tue Nov 1 00:00:00 EDT 2016 ]

I'm trying to troubleshoot and resolve the lookup for Award Selection Start value returning #Value!

As you can see, all of the lookup functions are setup the same with exception of the Output Column.  All fields in List B are Date fields, set to Standard display with no default values.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Nintex Forms: Calculated Value control with lookup() function not returning proper value

what I would check:

-check developer console for any errors reported. once there are errors reported, calculation formulas, rules, javascript, etc. do  not evaluate reliably

- watch developer console during lookup formula is evaluated. you should see there query definition posted to sherepoint a possibly error if it fails. examine the query definition whether it's correct

- check carefully for missing or unwanted spaces in formula definition and/or field names in list. they're hard to spot but can cause problems like this

- check you correctly reference list fields, especially you renamed them. AFAIK lookup function works just with field's display names and do not recognize field's internal names.

- try to rebuild the formula from the scratch. especially if you copied it (or some part(s)), despite the definition seems to be correct it doesn't evaluate as expected

Accept as Solution Reply