cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stonehage
Nintex Newbie

Nintex Forms - 2.9.4.0 Upgrade Issues

Jump to solution

Following on from my recent upgrade of Nintex Forms 2013 to version 2.9.4.0. There have been a few problems affecting multiple forms.

One was with the SQL Request control and calculated fields.

https://community.nintex.com/thread/15053-sql-request-action-and-calulation-field-bug-work-around

I now also am getting reports of forms failing to open which have lookup fields connected to the root site. These are erroring and I have to go into each form and reconnect the lookup field to the list.

It seems to only affect lookups connected to the top site "/" and where the lookup isn't connected to the lookup field. IE just populating a text field with the result.

Update 10/02/2017

Another small issue. People picker fields. If they are close to fields below, the drop down is getting obscured by the field below.

The fix is simply to bring the people picker to the front.

Logging with support.

Tags (1)
19 Replies
bashyarajan
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Forms - 2.9.4.0 Upgrade Issues

Jump to solution

Hi Anthony,

Please check this for latest release notes by Nintex   .

Regards

Bashya Rajan A

lonesurvivor
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Anthony,

I'm facing the same problem that the suggestionlayer of the people picker field is getting overlapped by other people picker fields below since Forms version 2.9.4.0. This doesn't occur to other field-types like single line of text but people fields:

Bring the people picker-field to the front doesn't work if there are multiple user-fields which needs all to be in front.

Do you know a workaround by CSS or some other way?

Greetings from Nuremberg

Ricky

lonesurvivor
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I think, I found a working solution for my problem as you can see here:

I got inspired by this post: Nintex Forms Drop-Down Bug?  Where the user set extra css-classes to his controls where the z-index is set > 500.

In the designer I set css-classes to all people-picker fields by increment the z-index in classes in ascending order, as you can see here:

In my external CSS-File (you can also set the css directly to the form-settings) I declared the following classes:

.pp1 {    z-index: 510 !important; }

.pp2 {    z-index: 520 !important; }

.pp3 {    z-index: 530 !important; }

.pp4 {    z-index: 540 !important; }

.pp5 {    z-index: 550 !important; }

.pp6 {    z-index: 560 !important; }

.pp7 {    z-index: 570 !important; }

.pp8 {    z-index: 580 !important; }

So from the bottom up the z-index of a people picker field is higher than the previous below and every suggestion layer is not hidden by the people picker field below.

sonisick
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Nice Work!

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

‌ -- this is fantastic -- will it go past the end of panels? 

andrew_x_childr
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Not sure about panels, but I think they might work the same as repeating sections.  I was able to use developer tools in the browser to find out that the repeating section has a z-index set to 506, and that any custom CSS setting a z-index on an element inside a repeating section is cancelled for some reason unless it is marked as !important.

lonesurvivor
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I'm sorry but no, I didn't found yet a solution to bring it out of panels. At the moment I'm trying to apply this solution to my form but without success yet.

Stonehage
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Update from support re people picker overlap...

I've had an update from my development team, the below issue should be resolved in the next release of Nintex Forms due on the 8th of March, pending that there are no issues found during testing.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Yesssssss. Thanks ‌!

0 Kudos