K2 Smartforms - Rules enable themselves after being disabled

Badge +5

Hi,

I am encountering funny issues with rules becoming enabled after a form has been checked in even though I have disabled them.

I have a smartform with multiple list views (editable lists). When I submit the form I want to save the items in the editable lists with a specific id from the form. I have made changes to the standard "when Save Toolbar Button is Clicked" rule by adding new rules and disabled the default ones. When I run the form in design mode it all works correctly however when I check-in the form and test with the runtime url I notice it does not work as the rules have become re-enabled. I can confirm this if I check out the form and view the rules in the wizard. (See screenshot)

I have made sure to check in the list views first before the form to see if it is an issue with check-in order. The rules are completed in batch so I have also tried to change them to execute "one after another".

Is this a bug or am I missing something basic here?

(Note I have logged a support all with K2 but have not gotten a response yet and this is impacted my development on this project so I thought Id ask the community for feedback)

Regards,
Ciara

14875i34C2D9AF748ED37E.png

9 replies

Badge +7

Good day Ciara

Note: certain behavior relating to dependencies between SmartObjects, Views, Forms, subviews and subforms will cause Forms and Views not to function as expected. There are a few issues with SmartForms interdependencies and SmartObject dependencies, for example:

1. When the Form and View are edited simultaneously and an action is removed from the View, the Form will have invalid rules and will not be able to be saved.
  2. Removing controls that have rules defined from a subview will break the rules on the Parent Form.
  3. Changing or editing a SmartObject will break dependencies on Views consuming the associated SmartObject.
  4. Broken Service Instances are not handled as expected in the K2 Designer.

Please ensure that you are not doing any of the above because that might be the reason why you are recieving that kind of behaviour in your environment. 

I hope this will help!

Kind regards

Nelly

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi

I did a bit of research and did not find anything stating that this is a bug but is did find a ticket that has been logged by a client that is experiencing the same issue, there however is not any workaround thusfar and no conformation that this is a bug.

Please keep this post updated by following up as to if there is any explanation as yet or please log a ticket.

Please see the SmartForms 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 Known Issue List - K2 smartforms 1.0.5 (4.12165.1605.0) Known Issues List and K2 smartforms 1.0.6 (4.12165.1625.0) Known Issues List

Kind Regards

Raymond

Badge +4

Hi @ciaramc,

Is the rules still required or used?

If not the rules can be removed as it can always be recreated.

I will try and see if I can find out what may be the issue regarding this.

I will let you know as soon as I have more information regarding this.

Regards

Quintin

Badge +7

Good day

Just wanted to find out if you have managed to resolve the issue you were recieving with rules being enabled after a form has been checked in even though you had disabled them?

Was the information provied able to assist you to resolve the issue? If you need additional information please feel free to ask, we will gladly assist.

Kind regards

Nelly

Badge +5

Hi,

Apologies for not replying sooner but I was out sick last week and just getting back to this now.

Unfortunately I have not found a solution. The rules cannot be removed as they are default rules inherited from the view - the only option is to disable them.

I am only making these changes on the form (not any on the view)  and I have not made any changes to the Smart Object or Service Instance as suggested by Nelly.

I have logged a call with K2 and provided a simple form/view scenario that replicates this in my environment so hopefully they will be able to come back to me with a solution and/or workaround. I will post whatever feedback I get here.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ciara

Badge +4

Hi Ciara,

It is possible to remove the default rules when editing the view instead of the form.

But I would also recommend you to make this type of changes to the views instead of the form.

It is possible to do it on the form but best practice would be to do it on the view.

In doing it on the view it will also be best to test it on the view first to eliminate the form as the possibility to the issue. Making it easier to determine the root of the issue.

Regards

Quintin

Badge +5

Hi Quintin,

Thanks for the feedback. The reason I am adding the new methods is to use form values that are generated on submit in the Create method. Therefore these changes must be done on the form (the view does not contain the required values)

I didn't want to remove the default methods for the view for re-usability purposes.  But maybe thats the best solution for now and I will create a similar view (that includes default rules) that can be used elsewhere.

Chees,

Ciara

Badge +4

Hi Ciaramc,

I will try and get more information for you regarding this issue,

I will also try and replicate this issue.

I will give you more feedback as soon as I have more information.

Regards

Quintin

Badge +5

Hi,

K2 Support found this to be an issue with version 1.0.5. They have provided a patch and this has resolved the issue for me.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ciara