SmartForm rule action "close the browser window" leaves the browser tab open to a blank page

• 14 May 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have a SmartForm that is used to action a worklist task. The form uses a rule to "close the browser window" after the user submits the action. The problem is that the browser leaves the browser tab open to a blank page after the worklist item has been actioned. The same issue exists in the K2 Mobile smartphone app. After the user submits an action, the screen goes blank. Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Barb

This issue has been raised a lot recently on this forum. Its not really a K2 issue but a browser issue. For example the close rule will close a  Chrome tab but in IE it will give you a blank tab.

My suggestion is to not look at this from a technical perspective (i.e. don't try and fix it) but look at what you can do to make the user experience better. For example I have in the past created a generic form with a message on it saying words to the effect of  "Thank you, your task has been submitted. You may now close this browser tab". Instead of using the close browser rule I use a navigate to form rule and send the user to this form.