cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Nintex Form data using List Lookup not showing in SharePoint Summary List Views. I have a pdf file with screen shots I can send it if helps.

Jump to solution

SharePont 2013

I used a list lookup field in Nintex Forms. The input formworks with cascading lookups, but the fields are not showing in the SharePoint
list summary view.

See attached PDF of behavior and context.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
21 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Nintex Form data using List Lookup not showing in SharePoint Summary List Views. I have a pdf file with screen shots I can send it if helps.

Jump to solution

From the form designer, click on the drop downs, if the "connected to" input boxes are empty, then they are not connected to the list and will not send the selected values to the list to be visible in the view. In the control settings, can you change the Text Connect To, to the list field?

I think this is the case for you as you mention the drop downs are the list lookup feature in Nintex.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Form data using List Lookup not showing in SharePoint Summary List Views. I have a pdf file with screen shots I can send it if helps.

Jump to solution

Hi Nintex gurus, I have the same question as Randy's.

Thanks in advance for the help! Emily BillingJeremy Jaya Raj

Swetha

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Ok, following up.I hope this was what Randy looking as well. Once again, this proves that if you believe strongly and stare at your form for long stretch of hours and pray, the problem resolves itself.

So, the Lookup list returns ID & name and for us to bind and save value in our connected list, we'll have to create a single line of text field and connect the lookup list to the field.

I created a single line of text column in the SharePoint list called:DeptSchoolLookupSelected

Connected the dropdown list lookup to the text field and it retains the lookup list options. Saving the form binds value selected to the column.

Is it pretty? No.

Can I do the same for an approver cascaded by the lookup list dropdown selected by department/school? I don't know. But aleast this mini mystery is solved and we can chug along!

Hope this helps.

-Swetha

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing your solution Swetha!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I have same question as Randy's.

I have tried swetha's solution too but no solutions.

I have a list which has 4 lookup columns whose data is not being saved in List.

I think there is something wrong with Nintex Form that i had created.

Because when i tried by creating new nintex form it is working fine with new form.

and even i tried by deleting lookup columns from list and recreated it with other names, that worked for some time but after couple of entries in list again lookup data were not being saved in list.

what controls/Jquery on the form which can cause such issues.

Help appreciated.

Thanks,

Soyeb Malek

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hmm...That doesn't sound good Soyeb.

Does your 4 lookup column values show when you view the item in display mode?

If yes, then your values is being persisted in the form. To have that saved to the list, you have to create a 'Single line of text' field in your list, corresponding to each of the lookup selection. Just connect the lookup dropdown to the 'single line of text' field.

Not sure what you mean by 'when i tried by creating new nintex form it is working fine with new form'. Are you able to save the values back to your list in the new list/form?

-Swetha

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@Swetha : Thank you for reply.

Issue found.

In the form multiple controls were binded with single lookup column so last control value was saved to list item.

-Thanks

Soyeb Malek

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Great feedback, thanks for sharing.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

I have more pain to add to this. Thanks Swetha Sankaran​ for your post as it has helped me to an extent, but here is my tale of woe.

I have this exact issue, where a form is using a list lookup to associate a Contact with a Company. I save the form and the data does not appear in the list but remains in the form, how frustrating, but thanks to Swetha Sankaran​ post I better understand why this is happening, however, my tale continues.

I have a third list that is then performing a cascading lookup on my Contact list. So when a user is creating a Note (this is a mini CRM app) they will select the company they met with and then only contacts who belong to that company will appear. At least that is the theory.

Taking the advice above around connecting the lookup to text fields I have my Lookup control called CompanyChoice (source list - accounts) connected to a field called Company. I then have a second lookup control (source list - contacts) and this is filtered. See below.

contactchoice.PNG

Now, I've tried all sorts of approaches to get this to work as this simply results in an empty dropdown list when a company is selected in the Company Choice control.

On my form, I also have a bunch of calculated value controls displaying information about the selected company, to get these to work I created another calculated value control using the parse lookup function (CompanyFriendlyName) against my CompanyChoice field and this works fine. I've tried to use that same CompanyFriendlyName control for my "Filtered by control" selection and it doesn't work either. I'll try to lay out clearly the relationships going on here.

AccountsContactsNotes
CompanyName (title field)Company(lookup to accounts)CompanyChoice (Lookup to accounts)
ContactContact(lookup to Contacts where Company = CompanyChoice

This just doesn't work, whether it's anything to do with the CompanyName being the Title field I don't know.

To get this to work I've had to create a new lookup field in the Contacts list called "companylookup" but the using this field in the form wouldn't retain the value (for the reasons mentioned above, so they have to select Company in the form, then switch to datasheet view to select the same company in my companylookup field to get the lookups and filter to work, which is obviously a terrible experience. So I'm now at the point of creating a workflow when a Company is created or modified to populate the companylookup field with the same company the user selected in "Company" field.

There has to be an easier way than this surely?????

0 Kudos