cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex Form: Lookup data from another list

In short, I want to achieve this - https://walkingthestack.com/2013/11/18/lookup/

So I wish to do a lookup on a list on the same site and pull in a value. The name of the list is Products. It has Title and Price columns.

For the form, I created a drop down lookup field named Product (to represent Items), then I created a calculated column named Price with the formula ("parseLookup("Products", "Id", Product, "Price")"), Qty for quantity then Total (which is Qty times Price).

However, I am getting errors. The "Items" drop down works. The "Price" field shows "#Value!" and the Total shows "ID;#Item" as shown in the below screen grab.

nintex-lookup.png

I am seeing a lot of blog posts for older version of Nintex forms shows the formula starting with "lookup" rather then "parseLookup". I've even seen - parseLookup(lookup("MyList","ID", MyDropDownControl, "MyFillInColumn"), true).

Which is correct? What is the best way to use the parseLookup formula in a calculated field?

In short, I want to achieve this - https://walkingthestack.com/2013/11/18/lookup/

Labels: (2)
9 Replies
emha
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Form: Lookup data from another list

lookup() and parseLookup() do two different things.

lookup() effectivelly picks a value from queried list

parseLookup() takes a value of lookup column type (ie in a form: <ID>;#<Title>) and based on true/false parameter it returns either ID or Title part

as for your price lookup you just need to use formula:

lookup("Products", "Id", Product, "Price")

Not applicable

Yes, this is correct but this "lookup("Products", "Id", Product, "Price") function work perfectly with SharePoint Server 2013 but not on SharePoint Online until recently 12th of July

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

From the same post I created the Lookup on SharePoint Online but didn't check recently. Have u checked the lookup() behavior outside the repeating section or with another list?

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek
Nintex Newbie

Hi!

Don't know whether you have already solved your problem, but lookup should be configured the way described below:

lookup("Products", "Id", Product, "Price")

where:

• Products - the name of the list from where you want to get data
  • Id - name of the column on which you want to filter (possibly it should be "ID")
  • Product - the "Named Control" reference
  • Price - the name of the column you want to get in return (I guess it shouldn't be underlined - it should be a plain text).

It is working for me actually

Regards,

Tomasz

marko
Nintex Newbie

Hi Tomasz

I do exactly what you describe above in SharePoint Online and I get this warning and an empty calculated field.

The code on this page disabled back and forward caching. For more information, see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=291337

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
marko
Nintex Newbie

I get this warning in IE11 and an empty calc field in SharePoint Online
The code on this page disabled back and forward caching. For more information, see: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=291337

0 Kudos
mikeboggs
Nintex Newbie

Does this lookup go in a calculated field? If not, where does it go? 

Edit: never mind. you have to click your named control from the right menu, and not just type it in. That was throwing me off. 

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek
Nintex Newbie

So everything works for everyone, or anyone has still problems with that?

0 Kudos
daniel_j_riley6
Nintex Newbie

I am getting mixed results on this.  Some of my results are returning "true" instead of the contents of the columns.  

0 Kudos